APC Forum

Good Spider Web Star Comps?

Guest PyroManiac1

Guest PyroManiac1
Does anyone know any good "spider web" star compositions like shown in this video
I know tiger tails can give some of the same effect but does anyone know specifically what comp Ned used for his titanium spider web stars? Edited by PyroManiac1

He's testing a couple of different base comps with titanium. If your asking about the spiderweb base comp plus TI. Its just the traditional spider web comp plus 10-15% or so,Titanium. I don't recall if it was spherical or sponge. His site/information is copyrighted, so I'm not going to be perfectly specific.

C6/C8 plus 10-15% spherical would also be similar. I'll look up the traditional spider web formula in a minute.

Spiderweb

.55 kn03

.275 charcoal AF

.107 sulfur

.008 lampblack

.06 dextrin

Edited by Carbon796

That would work also.

Chrysanthemum 6 and 8

Something like -35+120 mesh spherical would work fine. You'll want to cut them, unless you know how to avoid damage to star pumps/plates, when using TI. Edited by Carbon796

That will work fine, as will this

https://ihaveadotcom.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72_119&products_id=591

Even though there are more fines, its still plenty course, and slightly cheaper.

Edited by Carbon796

do you have access to fireworking ? everything is in the formula data base