Photo
- - - - -

Tell if batteries are available to fire igniters, is it useful?

Firing technology

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rfremotech

rfremotech

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:29 AM

Hello everyone here!

We are developing a technology which is with the ability to tell if batteries are available to fire igniters, we are going to use this technology in our future firing systems. Do you think it is useful?

With our experience, people use meters to measure the voltages of batteries, the voltages will probably indicate high, then actually they can flow very few amperes and can't fire igniters at all, especially when the batteries are used for a long time, so the technology is been developing by us.

Your comments are appreciated.

Stephen Ye

#2 CityPigeonPyro

CityPigeonPyro

Playing with fire

• HE Qualified
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Fireworks - Well DUH!!!

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:39 PM

Would it give you the amperage of the batteries or just give you a "green light" that the batteries are good to use? I always use an ATV battery with my Omega Firing system and have all my equipment ran to them. It is only 4 pieces and I never had any issues. I am hoping to get a couple more 32 units with the awesome sale you have going on to the end of the year.

#3 SharkWhisperer

SharkWhisperer

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 12:38 AM

Hello everyone here!

We are developing a technology which is with the ability to tell if batteries are available to fire igniters, we are going to use this technology in our future firing systems. Do you think it is useful?

With our experience, people use meters to measure the voltages of batteries, the voltages will probably indicate high, then actually they can flow very few amperes and can't fire igniters at all, especially when the batteries are used for a long time, so the technology is been developing by us.

Your comments are appreciated.

Stephen Ye

"Stephen', what's your Mandarin name?

I've bought from you over the years, very recently included, with good experiences. But when you present yourself on a public forum, you need to remember that the world is a small place. Marketing/expansion is obviously your primary motive. Ok. With caveats:

"Ability to tell if batteries are available to fire ignitors"...Hmmm. Primary concern would be uniformity in measuring test/firing current through any igniter, as always. Test my battery? And consistently bad/misperforming battery testers? New phenomenon to me. I have a fantastic battery tester/analyzer. Where did you learn that "voltages will probably indicate high"????

I call bullshit. Unless you can justify that last statement, which I think might be difficult...

And this criticism is coming directly from a repeat customer of yours.

Perhaps put your stuff in the Vendors/Suppliers page, please, instead of here.

I'm on your side, my friend, until you begin speaking untruths or semi-truths.

SW

Edited by SharkWhisperer, 25 January 2020 - 01:12 AM.

#4 GalFisk

GalFisk

Pyromaniac

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 09:19 AM

A voltmeter can show high voltage for a mostly-dead battery. A proper battery tester will draw some current, and show the actual condition of the battery. Having a built-in battery tester calibrated to the current draw of the firing system might be useful as an extra safeguard.

#5 Pyromani

Pyromani

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 02:53 PM

Hello. I have used common disposable igniters to ignite fireworks, but I would like to use a permanent igniter instead. I’ve tried to make my own by using a thicker nichrome wire, it work, but the 9V battery I’m using have a hard time glowing the nichrome wire and it kills the battery fast. What kind of battery is ideal for my application?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users