APC Forum

Any idea as to what this glitter composition could be?

yannismanesis

I've watched this video a couple of times, and I was wondering what glitter composition might be at 7:57 because it's maybe my favourite glitter amongst what I've seen so far. It's so well-defined aswell as leaving a long and sweet gold tail. Here's the video, time stamped to start @7:55 https://youtu.be/8l-WaulQ-PI?t=475

If anyone would like to guess the composition or suggest glitter compositions close to that, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

For me personally, a newbie pyro with almost 8 months of experience, the closest I can visually relate it to is Buttered Popcorn glitter.

Identifying compositons like glitters is quite hard. There is so many formula and honestly it could be many of them. To me, when I think long lasting gold glitter like that I think Tremalon Gold Glitter. That should give you what you're after. Another comp that comes to mind is Pirotex Gold Glitter which leaves a really well defined tail like you describe. I would say Tremalon is closer though.

Regards, AP

• Like 1

It's a sodium oxalate glitter for me, the delay and size of spritzel are tipical. Any Winokur with the substitution of oxalate to the other delay agents will work the same way. The point is match the best size (mesh) of the components to obtain the same effect.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the help, guys! I can't seem to find the Tremalon Gold Glitter though.

https://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/11830-pumping-gold-tremalon-stars/

I have the formula in that thread as well as the meal component version. It's based on meal powder originally.

This formula was my original thought too actually. Great minds think alike, haha. The strontium carbonate gives a sort of unique delay to the comp I believe. Try I out. It might not be a match, but I really doubt you'll be disappointed.

• Like 1