APC Forum

very snappy e-match

dave321

Sounds real snappy like when you add a drop of concentrated sulfuric acid on to potassium permanganate, then when it changes color from purple to clear it starts releasing ozone & all you do to make it explode is add 1 drop of alcohol to it & detonation occurs.

It could even be a mix like Crimson Powder with the chemistry of Potassium Nitrate, Ascorbic acid & Red iron oxide.

Mercury fulminate & potassium chlorate snaps that way. Potassium ferricyanide is not flammable or explosive on it's own unless it's mixed with nitrite salts & could possibly explode if mixed with a solution of concentrated ammonia.

http://arc.aiaa.org/doi/pdf/10.2514/1.24915

Sorry, the forum is weird about putting spaces at the end of links sometimes, which gets included in the URL.

You might find a slideshow summary of this groups' practical conclusions interesting. And neither copyrighted nor behind a paywall: https://ndiastorage.blob.core.usgovcloudapi.net/ndia/2009/gunmissile/7784swiatkiewTuesday.pdf

re the posted video

that is one loud , snappy bang, more of a crack

personally, i do not think it sounds like it is due to "confinement" by coating the fusehead with a rigid coating, since it is more of

a loud "crack".

i simply do not know any composition that comes anywhere near this effect, although a dragons egg composition could be similar,

but there is no lag time from the fusehead unlike a dragons egg composition.

maybe a nano thermite type composition would give this effect ?

Could be that nano explosive, but an ever long process to create.

Sounds even more like an explosion of silver carbide (silver acetylide), Ag²C².

Google it & guys, how do you add video to this ?

Thanks

no its not SADS, there is too much smoke,

also although sads makes a nice bang, it is a relatively weak explosive, also

the manufacturer states no lead, no primary.

i do think it contains copper oxide since there is a black residue after firing