• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 THEONE

THEONE

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:28 AM

I have made paper fuse many times and the best so far is a mixture of kno3/sugar dissolved in water. The problem is that sugar is hygroscopic and if i store it unsealed, it become really wet. I was thinking if there is any fuel that can be burned quite fast, be soluble in water and non hygroscopic in order to replace the sugar.
  • THEONE likes this

#2 Shizznt

Shizznt

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:51 AM

Your best bet is to probably make blackmatch, instead of the KNO3/sugar fuse.

#3 Arthur

Arthur

Firebreather

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:35 PM

BP in a selection of grades is exceptionally useful! Lift, break, fast and slow fuse etc.

Edited by Arthur, 22 July 2019 - 03:41 PM.

#4 Arthur

Arthur

Firebreather

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:39 PM

BP in several grades will make fast fuse, slow fuse and delay fuse as well as lift, break and propellant. It also works in normal humidity.

#5 Pyromanly

Pyromanly

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:54 PM

I make fast burning and waterproof fuse by putting blackpowder inside of tape. Here’s a video of the fuse ”in action” https://streamable.com/f8qmc

#6 Pyromanly

Pyromanly

Smelt the smoke

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:56 PM

BP in several grades will make fast fuse, slow fuse and delay fuse as well as lift, break and propellant. It also works in normal humidity.

What’s the best method to make a reliable, waterproof, thin and very fast burning fuse?

#7 Aspirina

Aspirina

Pyromaniac

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Pyro, Rocketry, Drones, Programming

Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:07 AM

What’s the best method to make a reliable, waterproof, thin and very fast burning fuse?

you can make normal black powder black match but using waterproof pipe putting plastic tape on the paper pipe

«The first great virtue of man was doubt, and the first great defect was faith» Carl Sagan

My stuff:

https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#8 markx

markx

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:10 PM

Blackmatch type of practices are probably the closest approach to getting a type of fuse without more technical means. One can use dipping technique to apply a rather even layer of fuse composition on a thread. This can further be coated by a waterproof layer using the same technique. For waterproofing one can use diluted glues, varnishes, clearcoats....even diluted silicone adhesive is an option, but it tends to cure for days under such conditions. Does yield a superbly waterproof and flexible fuse though. 

If doing it "manually" the cons are limited lengths and varied repeatability......the latter can cause unreliable ignitions and variance in fuse properties. Both are highly detrimental effects.

A step further would be the construction of a visco machine. It can be a rather involved project, but renders one capable of producing a reliable and high quality product with chosen parameters.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users