APC Forum

Barium chlorate and sulfur.

MinamotoKobayashi

Are you using any sort of barrier between the layers? If strontium mixes in to be green, it can hurt the color.

Also, that quote from pyrosource is garbage. The website as a whole contains a lot of kind of mediocre content. There is nothing wrong with binding with water, and the reaction there talking about never really happen with barium nitrate due to the low solubility of barium hydroxide.

Hi Mumbles.

No, I do not use any barrier between green and red.

Jopetes has told me that I can roll both the colors in one unique passage without any intermediate layer, but now you've put a big doubt on me ...

I find the TROY FISH GREEN to be much better than BUELL GREEN.

buell green is a somewhat whashed out / pale green with quite a bit of ash residue.

troy fish green is much deeper green and has less ash.

@Mina.....

Because the formula does NOT require hexamine (as mentioned earlier) its balanced and proofed, by adding hexamine you have to recalculate the balance if not

the hexamine will wash out the green.My advise is to familiarize yourself how to work with pyrotechnic formulae instead of advertising good advise as nonsense!!!!!

Kaotch ... sorry, but I added hexamine to the original Jopete's red formula and the red is always a beautiful red.

Perhaps the strontium nitrate is less sensible to the barium nitrate?

Strontium burn red also without chlorine donor (strontium hidroxide burn orange red) barium is far more sensitive (presence of hidroxide in the flame render it washed) so you must to control the balance of hidrocarbon or you will produce too much hidroxide, adding hexamine you destroy the balance in the formula and color gone to be less purer.

Hello Guys!

I'm owner of PyroGarage shop and I'm here because one of my customers drew my attention to this topic.

As somebody probably knows, we are on international market since 2010 (on polish market since 2007)

All this time, we base on the same, local manufacturer of barium nitrate. We sell each year, only in retail, around 150-200kg of barium nitrate and we never had any complains about quality of this product. I hope that kingkama correctly indicated where MinamotoKobayashi made mistake but I feel it's necessary to test our Ba(NO3)2 to present good results.

Because of that, I have an idea. Is there anyone here who would like to test our barium nitrate, and check how it works in green mixes? Please just post here in this topic. We will contact you and send a free test sample of barium nitrate. If you can post video with green flame here it would be great. Of course we can send samples to few users.

This offer is valid only for EU users - oxidizers can not be shipped worldwide.

Stay green ;)

• Like 1

Hola, Irkacek. Me sorprende que no especifique el grado de pureza del nitrato de bario que vende a sus clientes, así como la posibilidad de una pequeña contaminación con óxido de hierro. ¿Puede saber qué grado de pureza tiene el nitrato de bario y en qué medida puede estar contaminado con óxido de hierro? El color verde es delicado y el nitrato de bario debe ser de alta calidad. Muchas gracias jose

Edited by JOPETES

Thank you for your comment. I need to say that photo and description on my website isn't up to date. Some time ago we had one single batch of lower quality so we changed description on website. But for over two years, quality is high like always and there is no any iron impurities.

Tomorrow I will enclose here card of analysis and update photo on website.

Hello,

here you are photo of the current (and regular) batch of Ba(NO3)2

http://pyrogarage.pl/img/chem/Bano3min.jpg

You can also take a look at coa

1.shape
2.color
3.Ba(NO3)2 content
4.insoluble impurities content

5.Cl anions content
6.Fe cations content

7.H2O content

http://pyrogarage.pl/img/chem/coabano.jpg

Best regards,

Irek

• Like 1

Thanks irkacek I just made you a purchase of 5kg barium nitrate

Jose, da gusto leer gente que escriba en español en el foro, aunque no se si esta permitido. Un saludo crack

Edited by Blackmach

Hello minamotokobayasi.He usado esta fórmula muchas veces, me da un buen verde, pero mi consejo es obtener 20 gramos de carbonato de bario y bajar el cloro de goma o el parlon a 11 gramos porque si no quema demasiado carbono y genera un verde un poco sucio y demasiado mucho desperdicio De todos modos, el verde con nitrato de bario o una combinación de nitrato de bario con carbonato de bario produce un verde mejor y más limpio. Siempre le he dicho que tiene un problema con el nitrato de bario que se suministra de baja calidad.

usa magnalium 63micras (230mesch), no más grueso que 45micras (325mesch).

Jose

Por cierto, que has querido decir en este post que no se entiende muy bien, subir el carbonato de bario a 20 y bajar el parlon a 11?

Saludos!

Hola blackmach, me refiero bajar el carbonato de bario de 25 a 20grs y el parlon a 11grs e incluso la dextrina a 4grs.

Kclo4. 35

C.bario. 20

G.acroides. 7

Al-mg 63m (230mesch). 14

Parlon 11

Dextrina. 4