APC Forum

Shattered stars or weak burst?

MeowMix

I'm sorry that the video is during the day, but I can't seem to figure it out. I bound my stars (Nishiki Kamuro formula from here) with 75/25 water/al.

I didn't use any booster at all in this shell, did they shatter or not break well? With booster and BP break I normally get very large consistent breaks, but I was worried these stars might not perform as well boosted.

This was a three inch shell.

• 2 months later...
Sorry to ask question with someone else's question but I have no idea how to start my own question. Not very tech savvy. I saw the headline weak burst and am wondering about my own 2 inch rocket headings not breaking with much force. When I'm wrapping my shell with Kraft tape, do I use just enough to completely cover the paper ball? Or do I want to really wrap it good to build more pressure? Again sorry for posting this here but I could use a little help

More paper more pressure more consistent break, ball shell must be covered of a good number of paper layers at least double the inch of diameter.

Thanks, I'm going to wrap them better and test this evening. Thought maybe that was the problem but im not even sure an approximate amount of burst so I just filled 1 half of the ball