• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MeowMix

MeowMix

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:46 PM

I'm sorry that the video is during the day, but I can't seem to figure it out. I bound my stars (Nishiki Kamuro formula from here) with 75/25 water/al.

I didn't use any booster at all in this shell, did they shatter or not break well? With booster and BP break I normally get very large consistent breaks, but I was worried these stars might not perform as well boosted.

This was a three inch shell.

#2 Mumbles

Mumbles

Grandmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,480 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:08 PM

What size of stars did you use, and are you sure they were dry?
Just so you guys quit asking, here is the link to the old forum. http://www.xsorbit2....forum/index.cgi

The sky is my canvas, and I have 2,113 pounds of powdered paint in the workshop.

#3 Foxfire87

Foxfire87

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 06:29 AM

Sorry to ask question with someone else's question but I have no idea how to start my own question. Not very tech savvy. I saw the headline weak burst and am wondering about my own 2 inch rocket headings not breaking with much force. When I'm wrapping my shell with Kraft tape, do I use just enough to completely cover the paper ball? Or do I want to really wrap it good to build more pressure? Again sorry for posting this here but I could use a little help

#4 kingkama

kingkama

Pyromaniac

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 11:22 AM

More paper more pressure more consistent break, ball shell must be covered of a good number of paper layers at least double the inch of diameter.

#5 Foxfire87

Foxfire87

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 03:11 PM

Thanks, I'm going to wrap them better and test this evening. Thought maybe that was the problem but im not even sure an approximate amount of burst so I just filled 1 half of the ball

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users