APC Forum

Golden palm

Tim1877

Does anyone have a recipe for golden palms I'm looking to make 3-4 inch ball shells

I have searched all over and can't find a recipe for this effect its my favorite

As far as I can tell, there is a fair amount of latitude for the composition you employ to achieve this effect. To me, the defining characteristics of the palm shell are large bushy comets that spread in an offset pattern so as to resemble the fronds of a palm tree. Look at a palm tree and determine how many stars you need, and then maximize the size of the stars relative to this constraint. A good starting point for a gold metallic streamer is "bleser blonde streamer," although my preference is for something a touch slower. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Edited by pyrokid

A "Palm" is just a shell that shows a big rising comet and then breaks to a few very short thick fast burning fronds. It is an exercise in how bushy you can make a comet and still fit it in a small casing.

How do you make the comets bushier I was thinking of putting 5 3/4 in comets in a 5 in shell would I need a hard break since most of the shell would be taken up by comets

The most efficient way is by using cored comets and fast burning comp. You're going to want far larger than 3/4" comets for a 5" shell. Think more like 1.5 to 2" .

might want to try the tiger tail diadem extra. nice and bushy and you might get by with a long 1 inch comet