• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 WillowPineAndBoom

WillowPineAndBoom

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:32 PM

Guys guys wait a minute! The one simple-easy-benefit-safe method is this! You take kno3 from fertilize you crystallize with boiling method (its exist in yt) and you take 100% pure kno3! The charcoal is pine homemade wet or dry it doesn't matters and the sulfur must be original from petrol factory! The hole story is the mixture composition! kno3: 63 charcoal:20 sulfur:17 milling about 3 hours in ball milling( i use chromium steel ball bearings non sparking but brass or lead antimony is good) and boom you have one hell of bp!!! i make a test to measure how fast is (granulated or meal ) and the results was awesome! In straight line of 1 meter long (granulated) it take half second and meal it takes about a second!

#42 chuckufarley

chuckufarley

Pyrotechnician

• Donator - HE
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:18 PM

milling about 3 hours in ball milling( i use chromium steel ball bearings non sparking but brass or lead antimony is good)

How is chrome plated steel considered non sparking? Even if the chrome plating is non sparking (unsure about that) it will flake off in short time, leaving you with steel on steel contact. Not a wise choice for media when milling energetic mixtures!
  • WillowPineAndBoom likes this

#43 WillowPineAndBoom

WillowPineAndBoom

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:46 AM

I use this way a long time ago and nothing happens to me. Trust me. If you afraid to use chrome steel use lead antimony is good way. I have done so much tests to find the best way to make it. And it works for me. Plus the spark possibility its depends on some criteria! First is if you are fill the ball mill until the balls you have to give a less room to balls moving in jar secondly if your ball jar is to big that the balls are drop from too high and third how heavy is the balls that you use!

Edited by WillowPineAndBoom, 24 August 2019 - 07:05 AM.

#44 justvisiting

justvisiting

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:42 AM

WillowPineAndBoom, I can see that you are very excited about your black powder. Please consider though, that there are many thousands of people with differing methods that make BP that excites them. Everybody thinks their kid is the cutest ;) Changing the ingredient proportions can be of advantage, but depends greatly on the charcoal selected.

I've used chromed steel balls to mill individual chems before. The balls could not be left in the oxidizer because the coating came off and they rusted. I never used them again.

You can make excellent black powder much more safely (less dangerously) than your method (3 component milling). In that case, you would want the balls to drop from higher to get more efficient milling. A small diameter mill jar takes MUCH longer to mill individual chems and especially black powder.

I like my black powder as much as you like your black powder :)

• WillowPineAndBoom likes this

#45 WillowPineAndBoom

WillowPineAndBoom

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 02:13 PM

I accept your opinion! And thats true! I try my way to make my own bp! I am satisfying with my finish product and i want to share my knowledge to people! I don't thing anyone else catch this speed of fire rate a meter in a fraction of second almost the speed of fp. It is now up to everyone to decide whether to follow this method or not! Thumps up justvisiting! I forgot something think about that the pine charcoal made this bp, imagine what results have pauwlonia balsa or willow 😉😁👌👍 +plus ,tell me how the hell you encounter the clumping problem?

Edited by WillowPineAndBoom, 24 August 2019 - 02:22 PM.

#46 dagabu

dagabu

Grandmaster

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 02:56 PM

Clumping is thought to occur when excess heat and moisture are present while ball milling BP. 

Dave

PGI Member http://www.pgi.org
IPA Member http://www.iowapyro.com

"The art of fire is indeed the supreme art; for fire is at once the universal slave, the universal master."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bp, black powder, newbie, pyrotechnics, back to basics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users