APC Forum

Does this end plug look fudged up?

gunner1

post-9364-0-72114500-1551036827_thumb.jpgThis is the end plug from my first sugar rocket motor attempt yesterday. Does it look like it "failed?" The hole starts off at 7/32" and appears to have opened up to about 1/2".post-9364-0-72114500-1551036827_thumb.jpg

End Plug?... Don't you mean Nozzle?

Research, Read, Read, Read, from the info on this forum.

Be careful, be safe.

End Plug?... Don't you mean Nozzle?

Research, Read, Read, Read, from the info on this forum.

Be careful, be safe.

Lol, yeah I goofed on that. I looked to edit it right after I posted the topic and there doesn't seem to be any way to edit it. I certainly don't want people to get the wrong idea. That being said, would you say the nozzle failed?

Lol, yeah I goofed on that. I looked to edit it right after I posted the topic and there doesn't seem to be any way to edit it. I certainly don't want people to get the wrong idea. That being said, would you say the nozzle failed?

Ah... That's why I posted the not so kind remark on your other thread:

https://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/13214-first-sugar-rocket-motor-attempt/

It does seem like quite a lot of erosion, but how do we know if the nozzle "failed" if we don't know what it's made of and how it was constructed etc...

To make it easier, it might be a good idea to combine this thread with the other one??

Cheers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ah... That's why I posted the not so kind remark on your other thread:

https://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/13214-first-sugar-rocket-motor-attempt/

It does seem like quite a lot of erosion, but how do we know if the nozzle "failed" if we don't know what it's made of and how it was constructed etc...

To make it easier, it might be a good idea to combine this thread with the other one??

Cheers.

Oh, the nozzle was constructed completely out of 100% bentonite clay that I bought already ground into a fine powder. I hand rammed the nozzle...