APC Forum

2"shell explosion!

Nitrotitanite

Bad accident but this is ignorance, holds a mortar in his hand and puts it in the wrong direction.

I hope it has really recovered an impressive scene. 18+

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DH5HWEV0ti1s&ved=0ahUKEwiGzMDn3ePfAhUNyqQKHQFeA_UQo7QBCB4wAQ&usg=AOvVaw1KFJS3XDFumkaDe64MtOBZ

Thats a much clearer video than the first time it was posted.

Bad wound I think a good surgeon will have done a good job! Too much ignorance around, instead of forbidding and terrorizing people the mainstream and governments should educate people to the use of artificial drones we would also need more information from those who sell them .

Probably the tizzio did not know what he was doing, ignorance can do more damage than fireworks!

That dude looks entirely too calm for someone with a crumpled, heavily bleeding hand.

Maybe that's because his brain is so tiny, it's missing the part that says "freak out"?

Im pretty sure that guy was completely ignorant of what it was he was using or how it worked. If he did he would have realized he should let go once the lift charge blew without launching the mortar. We all know it was loaded upside down and a world of pain awaits at the end of that fuse. It obviously shouldn't be held at all either.

Freaking out would obviously not help the situation in anyway once the damage is done. I've been injured a few times and I've seen others injured. The best thing to do is keep your calm so you can make decisions quickly and clearly. That calmness is why he had the presence of mind to pinch off his artery and stop the bleeding.

Edited by NeighborJ

In fact, even second me knew what he was doing.

He could have died with that haemorrhage his calm probably limited the damage.

When I look at these videos I feel like leaving everything! But then I realize that by studying and taking precautions you can have fun in a safe way even if the unexpected are around the corner that makes me afraid

For those who where there when it happen, seeing what was something that they thought was fun and games at the time, learn a hard lesson. I truly think that none of them will ever take fireworks for granted again. I have seen others take chances like that on youtube some got away with it others not so lucky. We know that there are some that are intended to be hand held and others that should be properly placed in a secure way to be used. That is one of the reasons that there are laws regarding fireworks and their uses. I only hope that that person heals and pray that no more harm comes to him. The worse has happen to him now...............Pat

• 3 weeks later...
When you place a shell in a tube upside down all the pressure will leave either from the side or from the bottow and since the shell was upside down the energy left through the bottom where he was holding hes hand onto flat against. Intrestingly hes other hand is fine.

• 1 month later...
The amount of damage done to his hand seems a bit far-fetched. Keep in mind the bottom of the mortar is just a clay plug... wouldn’t all the energy from that explosion go through the plug, and out the top of the tube?

Nope, it will go straight through his hand or at least break everything as its pushed aside rapidly.

3" shells punch straight through OSB, consumer shells can go through your eye orbs into your brain.

That happened last 4th in Minneapolis.