APC Forum

Can I use Krista K Potassium Nitrate for sugar rockets?

Simon

I decided to buy a big 25kg bag of potassium nitrate online, however I am unsure what the purity is of the KNO3 inside the bag and if it is suitable for the making of sugar rockets.

Thanks.

It is good stuff since it's designed for hydroponics. Very few insoluble impurities since it is for dosing systems. I've got about 100 lbs of it.
  • Like 1

Will it be safe to order 25 kg of a precursor of explosives outside the national territory?

I know that there is no need for a license, but sellers are required to report who requires significant quantities.

I figured that it has some impurities. To sum up can I use that exact potassium nitrate in the link I previously posted to make sugar rockets and other pyrotechnics such as smoke bombs? I am quite inexperienced with the chemistry associated with this as you can probably tell, haha.

Thanks.

https://www.dejex.co.uk/shop/horticultural-and-agricultural-fertilisers-14/horticultural-straight-fertilisers-18/horticultural-water-soluble-fertilisers-18/potassium-nitrate

Edited by Simon

There is no way of us knowing. Check your local laws.

Will it be safe to order 25 kg of a precursor of explosives outside the national territory?

I know that there is no need for a license, but sellers are required to report who requires significant quantities.

I figured that it has some impurities. To sum up can I use that exact potassium nitrate in the link I previously posted to make sugar rockets and other pyrotechnics such as smoke bombs? I am quite inexperienced with the chemistry associated with this as you can probably tell, haha.

Thanks.

https://www.dejex.co.uk/shop/horticultural-and-agricultural-fertilisers-14/horticultural-straight-fertilisers-18/horticultural-water-soluble-fertilisers-18/potassium-nitrate

krista-k is 98.12%, krista-k plus is 98.88%. Either one is fine for pyro

Can back this brand up 100%.

I have been using it since the age of 14 for everything pyro including all my BP and it works fine.

Edited by greenlight

For you could it be a good analog of Krista-k plus? The values ​​are similar.

Is there a way to calculate the purity based on the chemical specifications in the product sheet?

Azoto (N) totale p/p% (tipico)13,5 (Max.)13,1

Azoto (N-NO3) nitrico p/p% (tipico) 13,5 (Max.)13,1

Ossido di potassio (K2O) solubile in acqua p/p% (tipico) 46,2 (Max.)46,0

Potassio (K) solubile in acqua p/p% (tipico) 38,4 (Max.) 38,2

Residuo insolubile ppm (tipico) 320 (Max.) 500

Densità apparente g/cm3 (tipico) 1,1 (Max.)0,9 (Min.)1,2

pH (soluzione al 10%) - (tipico) 4,0 (Max.) 3,0 (Min.) 6,0

DOSAGGI

Fertirrigazione:il dosaggio medio è di 40÷80 Kg/Ha per intervento, facendo almeno 2÷4 interventi lanno. La concentrazione media è di 0,5÷1,5 g/l. Per agevolare la preparazione delle soluzioni concentrate si consiglia di non sciogliere più di 15÷20 kg/100 l.

Fogliare: permette di recuperare situazioni di carenza di potassio, oltre a rivitalizzare la pianta in presenza di stress (0,5-1kg/hl). Se ne consiglia limpiego anche per il lavaggio di melate su alberi da frutto (0,5-1 kg/hl).

post-20933-0-57813600-1546806622_thumb.png

it's good to go! Yara and Champion are used most by us and has pretty much the same results.

A few years back we had dirty, stone filled kno3 on the salvage market that worked as well as the Krista K.

Thanks.