APC Forum

My first Real rocket

Nitrotitanite

Finally I finished my rocket set by the end of the year, I'm proud of my toys, I just wanted to share my enthusiasm with you.

After a long time of study and testing I have come to do even if not better than commercial ones with my hands and with considerable savings

post-20933-0-12189100-1546205942_thumb.jpg

post-20933-0-93784400-1546205969_thumb.jpg

post-20933-0-73268700-1546206003_thumb.jpg

post-20933-0-12867100-1546206036_thumb.jpg

Nitro,

Good job on the rockets, if I may offer some input, I would like to see you not use strapping tape or plastic of any kind. Its really not faster or cheaper to use the stuff that does not biodegrade.

Also, I have a spiking template that I can post for you so that you can get good containment on your shells, the spiking on the one cylinder shell you have by the antlers is going to hose-break out one of the large open areas.

https://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/uploads/gallery/album_43/gallery_9798_43_54420.jpg

Also, if those cylinders are just tubes with caps glued on, you will get a horsetail sort of break, the canister has to be made to break in all directions at once.

Edited by dagabu

Nitro,

Good job on the rockets, if I may offer some input, I would like to see you not use strapping tape or plastic of any kind. Its really not faster or cheaper to use the stuff that does not biodegrade.

Also, I have a spiking template that I can post for you so that you can get good containment on your shells, the spiking on the one cylinder shell you have by the antlers is going to hose-break out one of the large open areas.

https://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/uploads/gallery/album_43/gallery_9798_43_54420.jpg

Also, if those cylinders are just tubes with caps glued on, you will get a horsetail sort of break, the canister has to be made to break in all directions at once.

Thanks for the valuable advice.The tape is not the best also aesthetically but I can tell you that I used biodegradable tape what you use in agriculture to graft. I would have preferred to wrap with kraft paper but for lack of time I was forced to use this method, no caps to close the cylinders I used double pressed cardboard discs glued with polyvinyl and hot glue.

I promise that I will train in the shell cylinders, the next time everything will be perfect, I still have a lot to learn.You have seen well alive in the mountains and here I can do all the tests without disturbing anyone at most fright some wolf ...quote name="TheArchitect23" post="181394" timestamp="1546224979"]

Nice Job :)

Thanks you :)

Edited by Nitrotitanite