APC Forum

Powder Aluminium very cheap

kleberrios

Pretty pricey for the US! We see bulk Al going for $2.75 lb. quite often.

Except for dark Al, I've typically paid less than $3 per pound. I can get dark Al for less than what the OP suggests is "very cheap". Sorry.

That is dark Al, David.

Where have you found those those prices dag? Even at drum quantities I've never seen it much below about $6 a pound.

Wait a minute! 200 mesh is approximately 74 micron... If I'm not mistaken dark Al is in the 7-9 micron range. By comparison, my bright flake Al is 325 mesh (45 micron)

Edited by MadMat

Excuse me gents, the listed price at drum rates seems to be $6.50 a pound right now for Indian dark. There was a drum selling at PGI for $300.00, I took this to be the street price. I buy it by the pound as I don't make b00m3rz.

Excuse me gents, the listed price at drum rates seems to be $6.50 a pound right now for Indian dark. There was a drum selling at PGI for $300.00, I took this to be the street price. I buy it by the pound as I don't make b00m3rz.

There for a little bit I thought I was smoking bad crack.

That sounds more like what I was seeing from our favorite bulk retailer. Just had to check and see if I was missing something there

Wait a minute! 200 mesh is approximately 74 micron... If I'm not mistaken dark Al is in the 7-9 micron range. By comparison, my bright flake Al is 325 mesh (45 micron)

You are right, but this stuff is ok to make some dark Al, bright AL, gliters, tremalon, winokurs efect etc