APC Forum

Coming To America - Next years PGI (2019)

stix

Well, I've retired from my day job a few weeks back.

I've got a bit of cash together and time to do a bit of travel overseas.

Firstly, I'll visit Europe (my ancestral roots) then come over to the United States (If accepted).

I'm hoping to participate, or at least be a part of the 2019 PGI meet, as a guest. That would be absolutely great and hopefully meet some of the people I've had conversations with on this forum.

I'll be coming via a Caravan :). Nah, I'll just be coming as a visitor.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Why a guest? Become a member, it is the PGI (International) for goodness sake!

Gillette is in the middle of the US, at Cam-Plex and is right on the edge of town. Tent camping is FREE!

Touch base with your pyro friends in the US, have them bring stuff for you to build pyro with, join the classes (we teach the 3" Italian shell class, cohetes) and compete!!

Well, I've retired from my day job a few weeks back.

I've got a bit of cash together and time to do a bit of travel overseas.

Firstly, I'll visit Europe (my ancestral roots) then come over to the United States (If accepted).

I'm hoping to participate, or at least be a part of the 2019 PGI meet, as a guest. That would be absolutely great and hopefully meet some of the people I've had conversations with on this forum.

I'll be coming via a Caravan :). Nah, I'll just be coming as a visitor.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Spend a few months planning something to make. Then plan how to make it in only the days available using ingredients and components that you can get delivered. If you are into ball shells then look into using time on a WASP or other shell wrapping machine. Look carefully at the list of suppliers and vendors who will be attending. You probably will not dry big stars in the available time without phenolic and alcohol. It's easy to pass through the border control completely inert, but you need a shower or five to get all traces of powder off you before you leave.

Spend time there talking to others and attend all the classes that you can.

I've passed through the puffers right after convention without being stopped. I'm told that kno3 does not score on the machines but perchlorate does. Could be wrong but that's what a cop told me. :-)

If it's anything like the event I visit it's not slightly competitive, it's very sociable but the last night show is taken seriously very seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just have ideas.

What's really dumb is that my with my ideas of coming to the US, is that I don't even know when/where the next PGI meet is.

There's another forum (programming related) that has a big meetup this year in the US. It would be good to have this happen together with a massive SpaceX Rocket Launch.

Many birds killed with a multitude of stoners. stones.

[EDIT] I did read on another thread where (can't remember) but I don't know when.

Edited by stix