APC Forum

Looking for a good hot glue gun

SamGurdus

Also i have changed to Gorilla glue.

Also i have changed to Gorilla glue.

I am looking for a good strong glue. what advantages have you found, ie do you think Gorilla glue is stronger etc. thanks in advance

Glue is a vast pit of opinion and disagreement on pyro sites, lead to flame wars and anger among seasoned pyros. In my opinion only, I see value in all glues, from white school glue (I use a lot of that) to animal hide glue that needs to be heated to flow.

Gorilla glue and other polyurethane glues have terrific bonding properties but anecdotal experiences with it and fireproofing have added doubt as to its effectiveness over high shear glues that do not contain millions of tiny open pockets with thin walls separating them.

Hot melt glues have several different shear rates, bond abilities and elasticity. For my personal use, I use Surebonder 701 glue sticks, they set in about 15 seconds and have great shear and adhesive properties.

Like I wrote above, I like white glue or even Titebond ll wood glue for most of my pyro, I use hot glue on large ball shells to secure the time fuse and puddle in and it for fire sealing.