APC Forum

Tube sizes make a difference?

Jsefcik4958

Sup guys im curious do tube sizes and thickness makes a difference? I mean if you have a firework in a thicktube vs thin will the thing be louder? Id assume yes more containment more energy

If you're a really heavy person, "tub size" can make a difference.

Wouldn't wanna get stuck.

The only energy containment you should be worried about is that bean burrito you ate earlier.

Edited by PhoenixRising

Assuming you are asking about salutes the answer is yes snd no. The proper amount of confinement will yield the loudest bang. Often flash is used because the manufacturer wants to get the biggest bang with the least amount of reinforcement for cost savings. It all depends on what your goals are.

ask any woman that will tell you the truth, the size of your tube does matter
  • Like 2

Im talking some regular mortars ive bought over the years,

I had some i opened up the package and said this was a waste i lit one off and it shook the ground and said to myself how do they pack almost nothing with such a nasty punch , the cardboard ball wasnt to thick but still pretty tough,and it weighed a semi decent amount for such a small ball, so thats why im asking

Yeah, most of the bang in commercial ball shell salutes have minimal confinement, the biggest reason they have what little robustness they do have is to protect the contents of the shell from the lift charge.

Once a comp reaches the point of deflag no additional confinement is required. The only benefit of a thicker casing comes from a quicker initiation time. Most high energy comps have a minimal difference between thich and thin cases.