APC Forum

5" shell

dynomike1

10g of flash scattered in the shell. 2 layers of tape like a paper shell. Next one with a flash bag. It looks pretty circumference but the pattern has holes in it.

Edited by dynomike1

This one had 20G of flash in a flash bag.

2 turns of tape around the equator.

Edited by dynomike1

Edited by dynomike1

mike just for shits and grins try a shell with 7 to 1 mcrh if that doesnt break hard enough for you try adding slow flash 5 or 10 grams

Edited by memo
  • Like 1

I see improvement :)

BTW: what Mumbles said about poor pasting, I think hes right. It looks more bad pasting than a bad prime. I myself have no experience with plastic shells, but I use atleast 5 layers of tape around paper balls shells.

Edited by redbullzuiper

I guess that's the next thing to try.i f I can put that much on it Edited by dynomike1

Another thought...... to add to what Mumbles said. With plastic, you definitely have to build peak pressure much faster. But, that could come at a price... which would be less time for star ignition. Mike, I am curious, what is keeping you from switching over to paper hemispheres? There really is no substitute! (Or the Chinese wouldn't still be using them). I think you would love paper...and, no mess to clean up after a display! :)

Kinda want to see if i can make plastic work, paper cost more, and i have a bunch of hemis to get rid of.