APC Forum

Where/how to get Visco fuse in Victoria, Australia?!

AussieBombTech

The issue is that your authorities watch the same threads and posts that you do, If I write "go and see Del boy for fuse",-del boy gets raided before you get there. Maybe you need to be very creative with powder and very small tubes and make spinners like torbillions. In fireworks there are usually two to ten ways of achieving the effect you want, especially if you don't need to price the time taken -it's a hobby after all.

The issue is that your authorities watch the same threads and posts that you do, If I write "go and see Del boy for fuse",-del boy gets raided before you get there. Maybe you need to be very creative with powder and very small tubes and make spinners like torbillions. In fireworks there are usually two to ten ways of achieving the effect you want, especially if you don't need to price the time taken -it's a hobby after all.

yeah, the thing is. AFP (Australian federal police) would be more interested in people selling fireworks rather than fuse, they probably wouldn’t even raid him. The last raid was 2 years ago at a Chinese shop that’d been going for decades. So Del Boy would be pretty fine. Who is Del Boy anyway? Sounds oddly familiar

Try having a look in the hints and tips for Australians thread I think there was some links in it on who to get visco from!!

I tried that, most of the websites have been shut down considering it was like 9-10 years ago. There is a lot of off topic talk so finding a single lead on Visco in 12 pages is worthless

Now that I know what your intended purpose is I think you will need a hot powder core that is sheathed sort of like flying fish fuse. Have you thought about taking a tube and drilling tangential holes- angled at each end in the side s of the tube and ramming a clay plug then ramming BP and then ramming a top plug. Once lit they spin like crazy and may even leave the ground. Plenty of excitement without visco. I have only read of them not made any ground devices. Can't remember what they are called... chasers, go getters or something like that.

Just made some double strung black match with some aluminium powder in it. Works like a charm, quick match is fantastic and haven’t had it fail yet.

You could try the clingwrap and meal powder method. Its waterproof, consistent and fairly resistant to sidespit crossfire. Edited by NeighborJ

Learn the art of the spollette.

I already have. Personally I don’t think it’s worth the time you put in for one fuse. I’m going to make a Visco machine and see if it’s better than black match. I like black match more than spollette because you can make a ton more with less effort. It’s not that I don’t put/like putting time into it, it’s just that I’m simply not a fan of spollette

Take a day to crank out a bunch of them. Having them premade will make you a big fan.

Spollets are used because they give very precise timing in shells. You won't be timing much with black match, not very accurately at least ;)

I already have. Personally I don’t think it’s worth the time you put in for one fuse. I’m going to make a Visco machine and see if it’s better than black match. I like black match more than spollette because you can make a ton more with less effort. It’s not that I don’t put/like putting time into it, it’s just that I’m simply not a fan of spollette

Regards, AP

Are you able to get a firing system and ignitors there?

twigenbeery is not answering any of my emails for months. i bought one of the first units. i now need parts, no twig

Are you able to get a firing system and ignitors there?

Yeah, I like to hand light things. It feels more authentic compared to my firing system. I use it a lot and it works great but I like Visco