APC Forum

why the kclo3 i ordered are have slow rection to aluminum?

djcruzer

i ordered a kclo3 in ebay...as i recieve them i notice they are pure white than my homemade kclo3,my homemade kclo3 has slightly dark...so i assume that what i order is more stronger that my homemade....

then i finally make a comparison on both product...by using 7:3 and i notice my homemade kclo3 are far more stronger than what i order...i both crush the kclo3 to finer and i test with the same weight...why the one i order kclo3 is weaker than my homemade kclo3??

I consider any chems purchased from ebay to have questionable purity. You never know if what you bought has been stepped on so the seller can turn a profit. Worse yet you don't know what they added, it could be a disaster waiting to happen from unknown compatibility issues. You could try to recrystalize a sample but the contaminant could also be soluble, in which case its a exersize in futility.

I consider any chems purchased from ebay to have questionable purity. You never know if what you bought has been stepped on so the seller can turn a profit. Worse yet you don't know what they added, it could be a disaster waiting to happen from unknown compatibility issues. You could try to recrystalize a sample but the contaminant could also be soluble, in which case its a exersize in futility.

thanks for the info... Edited by djcruzer

• 1 month later...