I want to make sure that it is safe to store several things that I didn't use this year. I have this nagging feeling that I have read something somewhere advising against this, but I don't remember and can't find it anywhere.
(This is all going in an ammo box with some commercial rocket motors I haven't used yet.)
- D1 glitter stars- I think these should be fine, they are bone dry. I am worried about the KNO3 reacting with the Al, though. Its been several weeks, but I don't want them to cook off.
- KP-Aluminum-MnO2 Prime- KP and Charcoal are the main fuel, but I added some Manganese thermite for a little extra kick. (Also, would this burn purple? I feel like the stars I primed with it burned purple when they came out of the mine.)
- Black Powder, Black Match, and Visco- I'm pretty sure these should be fine since they don't have any metals.
- Some leftover BP-based gold gerb comp (no metals)
- A Green Gerb Comp that contains Ba(NO3)2 and MgAl and some red gerbs that swapped out the Ba for Sr.- Given the reactivity of MgAl, I should probably get rid of this one.
Sorry if this is really redundant, but I want to make sure I'm safe with everything. I have a background in rocketry and APCP is pretty safe to store, but this is my first time branching out into stars. If you could point me to a list of incompatibilities, it would be much appreciated.
I also uploaded a video of one of the mines for your viewing pleasure. It was my first attempt at a comet, and it broke up. I'm not sure if I used too much lift, or not enough binder.
Thanks in advance!