APC Forum

Titanium Sponge Mesh

wizard7611

I'm making hundreds of 3"x5/8" salute inserts for the fourth of July and would like to know what mesh of titanium sponge I should use. I've never used titanium sponge in any of my salutes before, but I thought it would be a cool addition, Also, I have recently read that some people glue the titanium sponge to the inside of the tubes. Should I do that or just fill each insert first with 10% titanium sponge and then with flash powder?

For what i know the titanium must be added simply as last ingredient of the flash mix, incorporation it's not the priority because it catch flame when the flash goes of...

For what i know the titanium must be added simply as last ingredient of the flash mix, incorporation it's not the priority because it catch flame when the flash goes of...

Really? What mesh does it need to be?

Edited by wizard7611

I have -20 +70 and it works well.

Ok. Thanks!

I always wondered about using the Ti sponge as a core for a rolled star. That’d be kinda neat I think.

For reports 3" and smaller, I like -30+40. That gives me the nice dense, fast-displaying ball of sparks with no straggling fallout. I don't use it often, and I don't measure it. I just pour a pile of it next to the flash until it looks right, then diaper it in. I can tell you it's a lot more than 10% by weight. I also test a pinch in open air to ensure I'm getting enough sparks.

In general though, I like my reports plain.