APC Forum

Miscellaneous Misc Pyro File - Visco design parameters

Sleipner

File Name: Visco design parameters

File Submitter: Sleipner

File Submitted: 23 Feb 2018

File Category: Miscellaneous

This file contains parameters useful when designing a visco fuse machine. In the table, find your target BP core diameter and how many spools per plate. You can then see with which relative speed the plates need to rotate relative to each other as well as how much fuse must be collected by the collector in order to maintain a properly formed fuse.

Click here to download this file

• Like 1

If someone were to be... criticizing anything, i would suggest adding a unit to the sheet. thread width, BP core width, to me most the stuff suggests you are working with metrics, and in mm, but that is just an assumption. Having it put in plain text would prevent possible confusion at a later time?

Also i like the fact that you went from 1 to 4 mm BP core. Not entirely sure i'd ever feel comfortable making my own machine from scratch regardless, but it is very cool. Thanks.

• Like 1

@ MrB

Thanks for the feedback, will make another version addressing your suggestions.

I was also thinking I could post the script itself if anyone would find that useful, then people can more easily play with the thread sizes themselves. They would need to know how to run matlab/octave scripts though.

Fixed up a few issues as suggested by MrB. Also added info about how much thread is consumed per meter of thread produced.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...