APC Forum

Australia Day 2018 - small star tests

stix

Various small 1/4 (6mm) stars. Propelled into the air using using the "stix flicka" device.

Yeah, small bickies I know, but for testing it serves it's purpose.

• Like 1

good test, but Blue? Acqua? violet?Kamurro?Willow?

Nice array of stars! And Budgie?

Yeah, it's Budgie Breadfan. The song itself is more exciting than the actual display, but there you go. :)

good test, but Blue? Acqua? violet?Kamurro?Willow?

I don't have KClO4. The only other colour I have is a sort of aqua ie. Zinc Peal Streamer, but I dropped that one on the ground.

That was good. Also the camera picked the colors up good to

• Like 1

Thanks Dyno.

I just grabbed a handful of stars from various batches, put them in my pocket and lit and flung them at random as shown. I have no exact idea what was what at the time, but I can refer to notes and do it more scientifically next time. I wouldn't recommend my method (stix flicka) for testing stars, but I had protective glasses on and it's easy enough to get out of the way, and the test area was wet as it had been raining.

My 12yr son did the video, edited it, and I suggested the music track. It was put together very quickly - he did a bloody good job.

One of the Reds was a variation of Independence Red and had a really really very intense retina burning deep red colour. I should go back and check which composition it was.

Cheers.

Edited by stix
  • Like 1

0:18 winokur gliter?

0:18 winokur gliter?

That's one of my favourites. It's called Gold Twinkler from the cannon fuse website.

TLSZIGP.jpg

• Like 2