APC Forum

YouTube is Demonetizing small YouTuber's again! Free GoPro Hero 6 Giveaway!

jordanm

If they’d just mark each type of advertising associated with the videos if any I could choose which ones I deem worth of watching before using my wireless data.

Maybe that’ll also help bring better quality videos to YouTube and less annoying ads. I’d much prefer quality over quantity if I have to suffer ads.

I’ve got it! Let’s put the ad at the end of the video and if the video was worthy I’ll hang around for the ad.

• Like 1

eh.. that's what is needed to actually make any money I bet. I've only got 227 subscribers and have 8700 minutes viewed. That's pretty much nothing compared to some.

This is expected and will continue. Youtube is a business with the goal of making money, so they will do what ever they think will make them the most or cost them the least. There are now enough content producers to increase the requirements and still bill for served ads, while having to pay fewer producers, which saves them money.

Most viewers of youtube videos are not going to go elsewhere, if they even know of any alternative services. I suspect the largest loss of viewers will be people who watch gaming videos as they have already been moving to another platform and so the alternative is not starting from scratch.

If a content producer does not meet their minimums for ads, youtube would actually prefer the producer leave if they cannot increase traffic. Imagine if a car dealership had a sales person making one sale per year... they would rather that person quit, even if they are only paying by commission to make room for a 'better' salesperson.

YouTube is at it again. I was over there requirements of 1000 subscribers and they have went through and removed over 200 of my subscribers over the last two days dropping me back down to 960 subscribers. I only need 40 more to meet the new requirement. Please subscribe to my channel if you have not yet to help me out. Id really appreciate it! Thank You

I'm not sure it matters. 4 hours viewed, and 1000 subscribers, would put you at what... 2-5 bucks in payout?

Just don't monetize at that level. Spend a few hours a week at trying to grow your subscriber base, until you have a few 100K subscribers, at which point it's a viable way to make money, quit your day job, and make a crapton of content that actually is good, to keep, and gather more subscribers.

another scam from Google

they support only channels with long blunt stories

for not very smart viewers, thereby cultivating mass ignorance.

personally I'm not going to create hype junks like "what will happen if I shove a firecracker in the ass" while stretching the video for an hour, where the process itself goes 10 seconds, everything else is preparation, empty chatter with a foolishness

PYbB2QH95xc.jpg

How is it a scam from Google? They are addressing issues that concern their main business partners, those that buy add space. It doesn't in any meaning full way impact content creators. The (0)2-5 USD you would get from add-sense, isn't going to affect their ability to create content, or not, and at that amount of followers, if monetizing is a goal, the creator should be focusing on getting more followers. At the point where you have at least 100K subscribers, you can start monetizing some, but not all your content, and when you pass 200K subscribers, you should be monetizing 100% of the content, as well as starting to look for "sponsors" to make in video add space with. If your business model depends on less then 4 hours of viewed content, and less then 1000 subscribers, then you don't have a business model.

from the beginning they have reduced profit from advertising. more than twice, and now this is a novelty. The profit from the channel was a pleasant bonus encouraging the placement of content. Channels with our themes can never be a business and have thousands of subscriptions
so we have content filtering. We will soon live like in that movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/