APC Forum

An happy new year to all the forum members .. with my new artillery :)

MinamotoKobayashi

Hello forum!

I have worked hard lately for my 25 kg of pure pyrotecnic juice :D

Take a look here:

24545714957_950e49a66a_b.jpg

Cakes apart, all the rockets and the shells are completely designed and build by me myself :rolleyes:

There are many interesting news, suck as "capless" rocket, "nozzleless supersonic rocket" and "little brother" rocket.

Kim Jong-un, you're nobody !! :P

I have so much material to post and surely next year will be a great year for reviews!

Many many wishes for a good new year, dear forum!

Richard.

Edited by MinamotoKobayashi
  • Like 2

Nice looking work. Hopefully there is video to go with the pictures.

Adam

MK, your build quality seems really great, and I see tremendous attention to detail and consistency in your offerings. I'm looking forward to your videos of these meticulously crafted fireworks. Thank you for sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0P8B0rqa6U&feature=youtu.be

This was one of the two nozzleless supersonic rockets with 5" shell attached on the top. 1500 grams splashed in the air like a feather.

Unluckly the phone was not able to fully capture the power of the loud bang and the luminosity of the effect.

In my modest opinion I must lower a little bit the altitude to enjoy better the effect. Or attach a 6" shell :P :P

Nice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0P8B0rqa6U&feature=youtu.be

This was one of the two nozzleless supersonic rockets with 5" shell attached on the top. 1500 grams splashed in the air like a feather.

Unluckly the phone was not able to fully capture the power of the loud bang and the luminosity of the effect.

In my modest opinion I must lower a little bit the altitude to enjoy better the effect. Or attach a 6" shell :P :P

Very beautifull fire fly, almost one minut down . What is the mesh of flake Aluminium ?

Hi.

The mesh of the stars was from Shimizu fast (courtesy of NeighborJ):

Potassium nitrate ............................................ 31,8%
Charcoal airfloat (hardwood or SYPine) ......... 35,7%
Charcoal 36 mesh (hardwood or SYPine) ...... 7,9%
Sulphur ........................................................... 7,2%
Dextrin ............................................................ 5,6%
Ferro-titanium medium mesh .......................... 4,4%
Ferro-titanium fine mesh ................................. 4,4%
Titanium medium mesh sponge or spherical .. 3,0%
The propellant of the nozzleless rocket was:
65% KNO3
35% Sucrose
For every 100 grams of this mix, I added:
1 gr. Red Iron Oxyde
1 gr. Titanium sponge 450-1000
Since I was not able to find the SYpine, I bought high quality lumpwood charcoal and broken the big
pieces with a pestle.
Then I separated three kinds of meshes with 8mesh and 20mesh sieves.
  • Like 1

IT was trying to pull the sticks off probably.. :) That happens sometimes

Nice ROCKET!

Oh Yes .. I have drilled the hole not perfectly centered and not perfectly parallel to the host. Very difficult to make by hand a straight hole in a so long tube without any guide.

I'm building a special tool to make the hole perfectly centered and parallel: it is an aluminum tube with an hole

where will be inserted the cardboard tube with a perfect fit. The aluminum tube will have the same lenght of the cardboard one.

On the top there will be a rock solid part of aluminum (about 5 cm of full aluminum) with a 12mm hole in the center, that works

like a perfect guide for the drill bit.

This tube will have another important purpose: it will allow me to use my 10 tons hydraulic press to pack better the compound inside without

the risk to break the cardboard tube walls.

I have already done this toll for my small rockets with bentonite nozzle and it works very well!

I will do a full tutorial asap ...

Edited by MinamotoKobayashi