TLUD Questions

22 replies to this topic

#21 starxplor

starxplor

Pyrotechnician

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:29 AM

Very nice! I can only hope I get to the point of needing that much charcoal in the future, ha!

#22 CityPigeonPyro

CityPigeonPyro

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Fireworks - Well DUH!!!

Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:17 PM

Well I am making a lot of mines and comets, and a few shells. Need lots of lift powder because I have about 100 tubes that I am making stuff for. It is also easier to get a lot done and screening into 30 mesh, 80 mesh, and then airfloat for the rest. That way you get a decent amount of each for the effects you are "shooting" for.  :D  :D

#23 CityPigeonPyro

CityPigeonPyro

Playing with fire

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Fireworks - Well DUH!!!

Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:30 PM

Next thing I need to make is a large ball mill. I am using one that I made from a 24V Razor scooter motor with a PWM speed controller to fine tune the rotation. I am using 4" PVC pipe with Oatey Test cap sealed on one end and Oatey test plug on the other. I can run just one mill at a time. I was thinking that I could get a tread mill and build a rack to hold many tubes in place at the same time and be able to mill many different things at the same time. I would keep my single one to mill my BP outside and use the treadmill one to do safe inside mills. Like single items just to get it as fine as possible. Just a thought. I like having a mill chamber dedicated to one thing to mill in. Each mill chamber is only about $8 each. So for that price I can afford to do it. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users