Sorry Ive been doing a lot with college visits and scholarships right now but I had some time tonight and Ive made (at least to me) the biggest breakthrough in sugar rocket history (might make a new thread on it but its still very related to this thread) so quick catch up with my methods first
Decided to use 1 inch pvc motors
Tried sucrose its too hot and sets too quick
Tried sorbitol and its very pourable and I think for general use its absolutely amazing espicaly large scale motors
Decided to try smaller more reusable motor caseings tried kraft paper, bought-firework grade, and normal tubing. Works good but only can be reused 2 or 3 times
Went shopping at Lowes and saw a water hammer (who ever made this had to have been thinking how can I make it look like a rocket/motor (and if it looks like it will work good it must right?) bought both 1 inch and 1/4 inch and Im too scared to use 1 inch metal
Sucrose would not fill such a small space so I used sorbitol and my first time it was (I dont have a equipment to data record) about an e or f class motor.
Tried replicating results for about a month now cant get it
Tried today a 3-2-13 mix of sorbitol sucrose kno3 and I got perfect amazing results. The spindle does not stick to the fuel(no need to refrigerate
can be made in about 30 mins and if anyone is intregued please advise me to post exact instructions either on this thread or a new one (prolly titled fully reusable sugar rocket motor)
This is the motor Ive been dying to make it uses about 50 grams of fuel only needs one casing for 100-200 launches extreamly cheep perfectly reliable I sit cant express how sorbitol has fixed my problem no need to vibrate or shake or vacuums to get air out and no worries about degrading the fuel
EDIT: forgot to mention I cook my fuel Ive tried numerous times to dry press or cook grind and press but Ive had no luck with those (also dont have a bottle jack/hydraulic pump setup)
Edited by JMan, 03 March 2018 - 11:06 PM.