APC Forum

Lets start a discord

Scorpion812

Hey everyone, i joined this forum after the chat didn't exist anymore, so i don't really know how good it was but i have heard people saying they really liked it. Now since the forum is in danger i think we should start a discord, its free, its rt chat, and it is always an emergency replacement in case the forum runs out of money. I think that we should really make a discord. If the admins need help making one, i surely can help since i have experience in this.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s not a terrible idea but I think it would be reasonable inactive. We already have live chat built into the forum but it gets almost no attention.

A discord or discord is a type of chat server often used by ‘gamers’ bobd. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discord_(software)It takes its name from the word discord meaning argument.

Regards, AP

It’s not a terrible idea but I think it would be reasonable inactive. We already have live chat built into the forum but it gets almost no attention.

A discord or discord is a type of chat server often used by ‘gamers’ bobd. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discord_(software)It takes its name from the word discord meaning argument.

Regards, AP

The chat function is disabled now by the provider.

Oh, thanks OM. Well never mind :)

I would certainly join if you got it up and running. Dont know how long it would survive but you could give it a shot!

Regards, AP

The chat room was used regularly and actually allowed us to pick Mumbles brain in real-time. Some of is are still wondering if he didn't kill it himself. ;)

I do miss the chat, It helped me greatly when I first joined this site.

Do not have a mic, nor do I want one, so I wouldn't join a discord chat.

Click this link to join, if you don't already have an account, make one

I joined. It'll be good to chat in real time about some things.

I signed up too.. let's see what trouble we can get into!

:ph34r:

Spread the word! Everyone on FW was clamoring for a chatroom recently and this looks like a good setup from what I just read and I like the idea of cross-forum chat as long as proprietary info is protected.

Spread the word! Everyone on FW was clamoring for a chatroom recently and this looks like a good setup from what I just read and I like the idea of cross-forum chat as long as proprietary info is protected.

discord = basically the next generation of irc

I joined also, just missed the chat here when I joined, so hopefully it'll catch on! Check it out if you haven't, its easy.

Tried it out last night. Really missed the old chat function. Works great! Hope it stays active. Was very enjoyable. People need to go try it out. Posting is fine but bsing in real-time is very nice! Thanks for making it available.

• Like 1