APC Forum

Red smoke dye

muxolini

The last video was probably a thin tube with unstoichiometric ratios.

More smoke density will mean a faster burn time (more mix burns per second) to produce more smoke which means shorter burn duration.

You must find the balance where smoke output is dense but dye is not burnt or overoxidized and it burns for a decent time period.

Edited by greenlight

The last video was probably a thin tube with unstoichiometric ratios.

More smoke density will mean a faster burn time (more mix burns per second) to produce more smoke which means shorter burn duration.

You must find the balance where smoke output is dense but dye is not burnt or overoxidized and it burns for a decent time period.

I understand greenlight Thanks for your reply. I'll try on Tuesday I'll report effect :)

You should probably stop holding them. They do have the capability to explode.

Why the explosion ? Ty

They are still pyrotechnics and you're obviously inexperienced. Even when made properly by an experienced individual, If they ever clog or find a crack they are capable of exploding. If you're smart, you'd stop picking them up while they're functioning.

They are still pyrotechnics and you're obviously inexperienced. Even when made properly by an experienced individual, If they ever clog or find a crack they are capable of exploding. If you're smart, you'd stop picking them up while they're functioning.

Thanks for advice Mumbles listen to you ty

do you know what red dye you are using?

ie. the chemical name / cas no. /id ?

icing sugar can be used instead of lactose, and it is much finer for a more uniform mix

do you know what red dye you are using?

ie. the chemical name / cas no. /id ?

icing sugar can be used instead of lactose, and it is much finer for a more uniform mix

Of course dave321 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-smoke-Dye-high-quality-500-Grams-Amazing-Colour-Professional-Grade/122680754593?hash=item1c9057c1a1:g:MzYAAOSwqfNXmGYI

it looks slightly pinker than red 111, (methyl amino anthraquinone)

red 111 is more of a "dirtier" red

It means it can Disperse dye ty Dave321

yes, ive e-mailed the guy (tim sleight), not had a reply back yet

Can check which types of colors can be used

Does anyone know which colors can be used and what they can. Can oxide paint in powder for concrete be used ?

All my reading tells me that the organic dye/ sublimation method is the only way to make colored smokes.