APC Forum

Basic firework but doesn't work...

Jordan123

Hi everybody !

I make firework since few years actually and sucessfull many stuff.

Actually i work about the stuff who made sound, i can build whistle insert but i have some problem for.... Hummer ! lol

Hummer is really basic and i don't understand why i can make them and be sure than they work goood...

I have build hummer who success but i make so hummer who is explod instead of make song.

My hummer explod : then end plug go out or the paper tube broke

I make hummer like this : BP same grade of milling than BP lift, rammed in paper tube with bentonite plug rammed by a hammer

I have try many size of hole where the BP ignite need to escape to make this strange and really cool song and i have try to mke tube with a bigger resistance and i have consolidated my bentonite end plug with paper wrapped on the tube.

So why my hummer explod some times ?.. :(

Do you use a jig or anything to make sure the vent hole is in the same place every time?

No,it's too expensive a metalic tools for this using but this can change what ?

Sounds like you`re using one hole? try two holes, drilled tangently on opposite sides of the tube.

Yes i use only one hole, i have already sucess with just one, which difference with 2 holes expect than that can resolve my problem of exploding ?

Your BP may be too hot.

So, i need a BP less milled ? It's possible i thought

Agreed, add 5% charcoal.

Ok, cool i try this tomorrow :)

Ohh it's a really good tools easy to make probably, nice :) I try tomorrow 2 hole.

But what a regular place of the hole change ?

Edited by Jordan123
  • Like 1

i put them in the middle of the tube for hummers. The red tube on the jig is the (2.5mm) drill guide for hummers, the other one (3mm) is for farfalle. I press a clay bulkhead in the empty tube and place it in the jig. Transfer the center line from the jig (the line with the arrow) onto the tube and drill the 1st hole using the red guide tube. The tube is rotated (180 degrees) so the line on the tube aligns with the center line on the other side of the hole in the jig (hidden behind the tube in the pic) then the 2nd hole is drilled in exactly the right place.

Once you`ve figured out the ideal clay and fuel increments you can churn them out pretty quick. You can also make up empty predrilled cases for later use..