APC Forum

1/4 inch bottle rocket CATO

Tim1877

1/2" emt electrical conduit works perfect for 3/8 tube supports so does a 1/2" sch 40 brass nipple. I like the brass, emt will oxidize and removal becomes difficult.

• 1 year later...
I’ve always used the dry sugar rocket mix I found here in the forums. Nobody mentions simple sugar mix. I made them in a Oregon where I had an acre + of property and mostly nice neighbors. I made them with a nail in a block of wood as the spindle, and oak doweling drilled out for the rammer. Very seldom had one not fly straight, and never a CATO. Is this fuel frowned upon, or just not black powder enough, ha. I do want to mess around with BP fuel, but I can’t have a ball mill in my apartment, mores the pity....

• 5 weeks later...

The dry mixture is vastly under-powered, they do make good smoke trails though.

I’ve always used the dry sugar rocket mix I found here in the forums. Nobody mentions simple sugar mix. I made them in a Oregon where I had an acre + of property and mostly nice neighbors. I made them with a nail in a block of wood as the spindle, and oak doweling drilled out for the rammer. Very seldom had one not fly straight, and never a CATO. Is this fuel frowned upon, or just not black powder enough, ha. I do want to mess around with BP fuel, but I can’t have a ball mill in my apartment, mores the pity....