• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OldMarine

OldMarine

Firebreather

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts
  • Interests:Interests? Everything interesting!

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:54 PM

I would like to see that! 

Change of plans. Caleb informed me that he is making tooling for some off-sized tubes somewhere in between 1/4 and 5/16 that Ned apparently got a metric S-ton of and I'm going with that as soon as Ned offers it in the marketplace. Making my own tooling for the 1/4" tubes but will try the other on the stand first. Making me a tiny support for the 1/4" tubes this weekend so I can use the arbor press and put some whistle in them. Cheap fun!!!

Come on! Name one other hobby in which you cheer as your money and hard work go up in smoke!

#22 dagabu

dagabu

Grandmaster

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,376 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:07 PM

I love small rockets, heeeeel, I love ALL rockets! 

The wife and I are looking for property but until then, I get to live vicariously through you!  ^_^

Dave

PGI Member http://www.pgi.org
IPA Member http://www.iowapyro.com

"The art of fire is indeed the supreme art; for fire is at once the universal slave, the universal master."

#23 Tim1877

Tim1877

Pyromaniac

• Donator - HE
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors,splitting the night sky,the smell of burnt gunpowder

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:38 PM

Change of plans. Caleb informed me that he is making tooling for some off-sized tubes somewhere in between 1/4 and 5/16 that Ned apparently got a metric S-ton of and I'm going with that as soon as Ned offers it in the marketplace. Making my own tooling for the 1/4" tubes but will try the other on the stand first. Making me a tiny support for the 1/4" tubes this weekend so I can use the arbor press and put some whistle in them. Cheap fun!!!

May I ask what you use to make these tiny support ?
Tim

#24 OldMarine

OldMarine

Firebreather

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts
  • Interests:Interests? Everything interesting!

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

The tiny one will be made from ½" PVC heated and cut to fit. I'll have to play with it a bit but I'm a plumber and have tons of scrap.

Come on! Name one other hobby in which you cheer as your money and hard work go up in smoke!

#25 Col

Col

Firebreather

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:42 AM

5/8" od x 1/8" wall aluminium tube might work if the tubes are 3/8" od. A few turns of thin kraft can be used to make up small differences.

#26 NeighborJ

NeighborJ

Pyrotechnician

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:Rig welder, trecky, amateur rocketry

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:04 PM

1/2" emt electrical conduit works perfect for 3/8 tube supports so does a 1/2" sch 40 brass nipple. I like the brass, emt will oxidize and removal becomes difficult.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users