Photo
- - - - -

How to make a cheap Indoor ATF Type 4 (IV) Storage Magazine for Display Fireworks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jordanm

jordanm

Pyromaniac

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:25 PM

This is my video i made of How to make a cheap Indoor ATF Type 4 (IV) Storage Magazine for Display Fireworks.

• PeteyPyro likes this

#2 Mumbles

Mumbles

Grandmaster

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,149 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:42 PM

Are you intending to use this to obtain a licence?  I don't ask for any particular reason, other than to keep us posted on the progress and federal/state acceptance.  

Just so you guys quit asking, here is the link to the old forum. http://www.xsorbit2....forum/index.cgi

The sky is my canvas, and I have 2,113 pounds of powdered paint in the workshop.

#3 PeteyPyro

PeteyPyro

Pyromaniac

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Electronics, Fishing, Bass guitarist, Muscle cars, Ham Radio, Firearms & reloading, Home brewing, Scuba and cave diving, Lapidary, Organic gardening, traveling to Chile for "our" winters, and Pyrotechnics (of course) 😎. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:48 PM

Nice start, and looks nice, jordanm. Some possible options to consider... I've used rounded head carriage bolts through the wall studs, (facing outside) with the nuts on the inside, that can't be unbolted from the outside. Also took the 'feet' off to use it on it's side, with the door swinging from right go left, and removed the hinge support arms and cylinder (as they are sparking steel). I used safe 'RedHeads' to anchor the new floor through the cement slab (it's not going anywhere) I also used plywood cladding inside with expanding foam to cover gaps and covered any non-conformal surfaces wit the same bed liner that you used. Its great stuff. Very nice job box you have! Please keep us updated as to how the inspection progresses. Lots of us are interested in this one.
Pyrotechnician. It's not an ocupation. It's a diagnosis.

#4 jordanm

jordanm

Pyromaniac

• HE Qualified
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:43 PM

Yes i applied for my license here in Michigan about three weeks ago now and will be using this as my magazine to obtain my license. I will make a follow up video of how the inspection goes and keep everyone updated.

Thank You

#5 Richtee

Richtee

Firebreather

• Donator - HE
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Electronics and security professional. A fair cook/pitmaster, and bourbon drinker :{)

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:25 AM

MI eh? Cool. When I hit the lottery I was gonna apply here too :D

Good luck and keep us posted.

I like smoke! On food or in the air equally well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users