APC Forum

mayday-mayday

Arw

Hey all.
I have a serious problem.
in a factory,a fool man store about 2tone acetone and 2tone hydrogen peroxide and i don't know how create large amount of "acetone peroxide" in storehouse.
they call me and need help.
what can I do?

Well, that is a problem! Assuming you haven't already call the bomb squad. That shit is way too dangerous to handle without professional help!

Regards, AP

• Like 1

I'm not sure, but I'd prefer to give advice unnecessarily than see him go in there and get blown to smithereens.

Regards, AP

• Like 1

Not go anywhere near it and yeah get the hell away and dont touch it...

That primary is sensitive enough as it is when it is synthed with temp control and washed and neutralized of contaminants and acid.

If the story is true the chemicals must have been in contact for a while amd not cleaned up straight away considering there was no catalyst present and AP formed. Unless it was a really really bad day at the workshop and an acid spilled at the same time and mixed with the two haha.

I have seen some beaut displays in factories where H&S was lax to none. Luckily,despite having handled the relevant chems,I never witnessed this particular issue.

Somehow i doubt there is any large quantities of primary explosives in this case. No catalyst, and more then likely, it wasn't stored in the same container. Without a catalyst, the reaction pretty much just doesn't happen, and no primary explosives can be formed.

Both acetone and hydrogen peroxide is used for cleaning stuff, so it's not that uncommon to have them stored in the same location. We also don't know what concentration the hydrogen peroxide is / was, which would be somewhat relevant.

Anyway, if the presence of a primary explosive can not be dismissed, as in, containers have been leaking, and mixing fluids, white powdery residue is visible, and so on, call cops, have experts handle it. If one absolutely cant have the cops around, and wants to play around with their own life in their hands, tin2chloride in ethanol, makes for a solvent that will dissolve "most" possible forms of primary explosives that could be formed with a catalyst present, and destroy most of them in the process. Those that wont be destroyed may at this point be collected, tapped on bottle, and used as a fire-starter. If that isn't possible a not so great alternative is to dilute and wash away, making sure that there is no where for the liquid to collect in to larger bodies, and evaporate of the ethanol solution.

This would let the primary explosive recrystallize, and once again become a ... health hazard. I'm thinking something like letting it run out over a larger area land, and get absorbed in to the soil, letting it drain in to a public sewer system, and flush it downstream with an excess of ethanol.

I'd prefer burning it. As it's dissolved in ethanol, it wont go boom. Just do make sure there is nothing left solid. Wet, or dry, these primary explosives love to go boom.

My bottom line, and expectation remains "no catalyst, no boom". But i guess "better safe then sorry" could be the smart approach here. Hell, some catalysts are used for cleaning stuff to.

Anyway, this is quite a bit "in the wrong section" so i'll report it, Mum will have to decide what to do with it from there. And possibly chime in on the topic.

Somehow i doubt there is any large quantities of primary explosives in this case. No catalyst, and more then likely, it wasn't stored in the same container. Without a catalyst, the reaction pretty much just doesn't happen, and no primary explosives can be formed.

Both acetone and hydrogen peroxide is used for cleaning stuff, so it's not that uncommon to have them stored in the same location. We also don't know what concentration the hydrogen peroxide is / was, which would be somewhat relevant.

Anyway, if the presence of a primary explosive can not be dismissed, as in, containers have been leaking, and mixing fluids, white powdery residue is visible, and so on, call cops, have experts handle it. If one absolutely cant have the cops around, and wants to play around with their own life in their hands, tin2chloride in ethanol, makes for a solvent that will dissolve "most" possible forms of primary explosives that could be formed with a catalyst present, and destroy most of them in the process. Those that wont be destroyed may at this point be collected, tapped on bottle, and used as a fire-starter. If that isn't possible a not so great alternative is to dilute and wash away, making sure that there is no where for the liquid to collect in to larger bodies, and evaporate of the ethanol solution.

This would let the primary explosive recrystallize, and once again become a ... health hazard. I'm thinking something like letting it run out over a larger area land, and get absorbed in to the soil, letting it drain in to a public sewer system, and flush it downstream with an excess of ethanol.

I'd prefer burning it. As it's dissolved in ethanol, it wont go boom. Just do make sure there is nothing left solid. Wet, or dry, these primary explosives love to go boom.

My bottom line, and expectation remains "no catalyst, no boom". But i guess "better safe then sorry" could be the smart approach here. Hell, some catalysts are used for cleaning stuff to.

Anyway, this is quite a bit "in the wrong section" so i'll report it, Mum will have to decide what to do with it from there. And possibly chime in on the topic.

so helpful!.

thane you.but i try to make acetonperoxide when i was 18YO and try to explode them by air gun when they were wet and they don't.

I mean can I make them wet and move them to open area and wait to evaporate?

I think moist decrease sensitivity,isn't it?

Just my two cents but why are you not willing to take the advice of everyone here and call the police. Honestly, if something has formed the chance of you being able to deal with it safely are minuscule.

I'm not even sure if this is real as that would make it the second incident you have had. First managing to set a batch of chlorate stars on fire while rolling them and now this? Regardless, if it is true then I'm surprised at the disregard you seem to have for an explosive so dangerous as this. However, if you really think that risking your life is worth it then I wish you the best of luck.

Regards, AP

Just my two cents but why are you not willing to take the advice of everyone here and call the police. Honestly, if something has formed the chance of you being able to deal with it safely are minuscule.

I'm not even sure if this is real as that would make it the second incident you have had. First managing to set a batch of chlorate stars on fire while rolling them and now this? Regardless, if it is true then I'm surprised at the disregard you seem to have for an explosive so dangerous as this. However, if you really think that risking your life is worth it then I wish you the best of luck.

Regards, AP

That's because the original post is complete bullshit written by some bloody drongo!!

But fair enough that you at least gave good advice just in case.

• Like 1

Come on, he is from Iran, cut him some slack. Still, I honestly think this whole incident is faked. However, I'm open for my mind to change if he can give us some pictures and video of the site... If he hasn't killed himself yet.

Regards, AP

but i try to make acetonperoxide when i was 18YO and try to explode them by air gun when they were wet and they don't.

It's just not reliably sensitive to shock. Friction can still set it of, if wet with water, and fire will for sure. If contained, it will still explode, if wet with water. If we are talking larger amounts on a concrete floor, then you wont get a "explosion" but rather a big fireball. As i said before... ethanol would be my solvent of choice. "E85", ethanol based fuel for cars, will be fine, if you can recollect, and burn the stuff. If you cant recollect it, avoid E85, since it contains gasoline, and pouring it in to the local wells might make you less popular. Ethanol, methanol, Isopropyl alcohol, they will all work the same way here. Dissolve the powder, so that it no longer can react on it's own, after which any burning reaction is limited by the speed of the alcohol burning. Just make sure there are no solids left when you set fire to the stuff. Any wet powder will still eject all the alcohol, create a big nice fireball, and a loud boom. It is a quick way to burn of the dissolved stuff, but it's pretty much as powerful as just setting fire to the dry powder... Dissolved is good, solids are not.

I would really suggest getting professional help.

Still, I honestly think this whole incident is faked.

I'm leaning the same way. But if, for what ever reason, he's trying to clean out a warehouse that once was used by al-Qaeda for IED construction, and for what ever reason don't want the cops around, perhaps he owned it, and they just squatted, but he doubts the law will accept that he's "innocent" based on religion, or priors, then at least he knows how to deal with it.

• Like 3

Regards, AP

First problem"chlorate stars" was mine and u see my pic's but this problem not.

some one call me and explain to me! I do not see this place at all.

if I can solve this problem i can make plenty of money.cops know that but a chemist should solved this problem.

I am a chemist and i think "if i can help them whit you'r help,i can make some money"

i don't have enough time to waste by fake postes

at last thanke you for u'r advice

That's because the original post is complete bullshit written by some bloody drongo!!

But fair enough that you at least gave good advice just in case.

thanke you for you'r politeness!!!!!!!!!

Come on, he is from Iran, cut him some slack. Still, I honestly think this whole incident is faked. However, I'm open for my mind to change if he can give us some pictures and video of the site... If he hasn't killed himself yet.

Regards, AP

I'm not here for political purposes.I'm for IR or US or even North korea :P.

no different for scientific problems.

It's just not reliably sensitive to shock. Friction can still set it of, if wet with water, and fire will for sure. If contained, it will still explode, if wet with water. If we are talking larger amounts on a concrete floor, then you wont get a "explosion" but rather a big fireball. As i said before... ethanol would be my solvent of choice. "E85", ethanol based fuel for cars, will be fine, if you can recollect, and burn the stuff. If you cant recollect it, avoid E85, since it contains gasoline, and pouring it in to the local wells might make you less popular. Ethanol, methanol, Isopropyl alcohol, they will all work the same way here. Dissolve the powder, so that it no longer can react on it's own, after which any burning reaction is limited by the speed of the alcohol burning. Just make sure there are no solids left when you set fire to the stuff. Any wet powder will still eject all the alcohol, create a big nice fireball, and a loud boom. It is a quick way to burn of the dissolved stuff, but it's pretty much as powerful as just setting fire to the dry powder... Dissolved is good, solids are not.

I would really suggest getting professional help.

thank you so much bro.

as u say that was a professional help.

I'm leaning the same way. But if, for what ever reason, he's trying to clean out a warehouse that once was used by al-Qaeda for IED construction, and for what ever reason don't want the cops around, perhaps he owned it, and they just squatted, but he doubts the law will accept that he's "innocent" based on religion, or priors, then at least he knows how to deal with it.

Al-Qaeda is not in Iran.they are in afghanistan and pakistan ;)

Edited by Arw
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Having never heard a final reply from Arw seems to indicate (vindicate?) that I was pretty much on the money with this - or, he/she is dead.

Around the age of 50 or more, the male human olfactory sensory neurons become heightened and more attuned to the smell of a fart from one hundred yards (91.44 meters).

Some may blame the dog or the next door neighbours boiled cabbage. But often, it is exactly as it seems.

Cheers.

Edited by stix
  • Like 1