APC Forum

So, who's got plans to light their ashes in fireworks when they croak?

billysundays

I suppose I'm a bit chatty tonight, but what better place to ask. I've had this idea in mind for years now, and I'm not even an amateur pyrotechnic, so I imagine there's more than a few here with some epic plans for their ashes when they pass away. Please specify your preferred binders and chlorine donors :D .

Edited by billysundays

I took off for the eclipse in order to put the ashes of the man who got me into the hobby up at totality. It was a simple rocket heading:

D1 glitter with the ashes in the interstices and BP with a bit of whistle for burst. My grandbaby loved it and couldn't figure out why we were all sad.

It was sad because only his granddaughter joined us, but she was his favorite and he hers.

Other than carrying the coffin of a fellow Marine, I can't think of a greater honor.

• Like 1

My condolences, OldMarine. My lord! I doubt anyone could come up with a better way to honor a friend, quite the poetic send off. Sounds like a scene out of a movie. I'm really glad I asked, thank you for sharing that OM.

I should add his granddaughter is taking the remainder of his ashes to France to spread on a vineyard his family has owned for centuries. He was an uber cool old guy.

Sempter Fi.

My son Jeremiah died April 17th this year at the age of 26. His ashes will go up at 4F this fall. A good friend that also lost a son is helping me build a 4 break Maltese shell to say goodby with.

Nothing should ever hurt this bad....

Dave, the fellow I helped out was just a long time customer and friend. He'd lived a long life and was a great man. His passing in no way can compare to that of a young one and I can't imagine the pain you feel but I can pray for you all.

I used a rocket heading to make sure I didn't screw it up. My shells are still a bit iffy and I didn't want to flowerpot it. I wish you luck on the shell.

Thank you OM, I don't want to mess this one up either so I am getting a tutorial from a very competent builder.

I covet your prayers, only my faith offers any comfort.

The first shell I ever built included some remains from a friend who had attended the same event for many years before me.

Some of his remains were also poured into the tubes of a cut open cake we lit separately from the show.