APC Forum

An epic day

RiderX

went on an epic solo ride today , this is one of the hardest trails in my area , 6kft to 10.5k ft up the mountian and back down , im going to cheat and come down the highway because i wont have enough fuel to make it back down the trail though . the highway back down is an absolute blast , except for the posted speed limit is 25mph not that it matters lol ,

qjnoOAT.png

and part 1 the easiest section of the trail/ride

if got 92.6 gb of video to break down into parts for the whole ride

apparently this ride cost me a motor :(

We can rebuild , make it better bigger stronger, time to build a 320cc cheater motor, i think they get around 78hp out of the cheater motors , this motor was about 51hp iirc

Every time I look at a bike nowadays my road rash flares up and my broken bones ache.

Every time I look at a bike nowadays my road rash flares up and my broken bones ache.

against better judgement im selling my turbocharged camaro and im picking up a turbocharged gsx-r 750, i dont know if ill street drive it yet i may keep it as a track only bike , we have a nice road course at the rmr sports complex. but knowing me ill end up registering it and street driving it.

i cant help it i like going fast

Edited by RiderX

I got an 80cc 2 cycle for my bicycle, I bet I can do 20 on it!! :P

let me have the motor for a few days it will do 75 when u get it back

fastest ive been on dirt so far was 98mph on 2 wheels , was starting to get head shake around 90 and pushed it as far as i dared go, going down at 100mph on dirt and gravel wasnt my idea of a good time , before it gets to cold out id like to find a flatter stretch of dirt and try to max the bike out at 115-120

did i mention im a speed freak , my camaro is built for the salt flats to try to run 215mph + , and i have a 250cc turbocharged dirtbike i built to try to take the record at 153.3mph on the salt flats as well

when i die it will either be

a high speed wreck, or an explosion lol

but lifes to short to be scared of having fun

fZG4o.png

Edited by RiderX

Tried the explosion... no go.

I took out both my knees and left shoulder on a Suzuki RM 250 over a decade of motocross when I was young. I think high speed may be if a plane I am on crashes!

Gimme your addy, I'll send the kit to you, soup it up for me please! ;)

is it one of those ebay bike motor kits? i can hop it up if u want just pm me if ur serious

lil porting to change the port timing ,and it will pick up alot

Edited by RiderX

against better judgement im selling my turbocharged camaro and im picking up a turbocharged gsx-r 750,

Speaking of "against better judgement"... I'm looking in to getting a baja bug, converting it to a Subaru 1.8L boxer with water cooling. Mostly so i can use a proper heater core, adding heated bucket seats, and use it for my daily driver during the winter months. Added benefit, motor options suddenly range from 70-300HP where as the stock motors were 43-69HP.

Anything above 150-200HP is just silly tho, all you see, as soon as you touch the gas, is sky. So i'm not going that far. Might aim for 110-150HP, which should be doable with the stock transmission & clutch.

Kinda funny. The 320cc cheater you are looking in to, provide more ponys then the largest motor available for the beetle @stock. Sure, it's a light car, but people used to think those were "lively". I wonder what those same people would think about my tuned Ralliart.

Speaking of "against better judgement"... I'm looking in to getting a baja bug, converting it to a Subaru 1.8L boxer with water cooling. Mostly so i can use a proper heater core, adding heated bucket seats, and use it for my daily driver during the winter months. Added benefit, motor options suddenly range from 70-300HP where as the stock motors were 43-69HP.

Anything above 150-200HP is just silly tho, all you see, as soon as you touch the gas, is sky. So i'm not going that far. Might aim for 110-150HP, which should be doable with the stock transmission & clutch.

Kinda funny. The 320cc cheater you are looking in to, provide more ponys then the largest motor available for the beetle @stock. Sure, it's a light car, but people used to think those were "lively". I wonder what those same people would think about my tuned Ralliart.

nice , we have a dune bug at the shop with a vw motor ill have to take pics of it one day

my bike is 190lbs wet , and if i get to my goal of 190-200 lbs im at 225ish right now , it will have a better power to weight then some liter sports bike's

ninja 1000 was 560lbs wet and made 106 hp need to find a better picture of it in my photobucket so i can redownload it , piss me off what photobucket did

and in the front a dr200 project bike of mine thats actually shelved right now

pNI7s8L.jpg

Edited by RiderX

also look into a factory turbo or supercharged ecotec , i think one of those would make a good engine for it , though u prolly wouldnt need anything more then the stock na version of the ecotec

is it one of those ebay bike motor kits? i can hop it up if u want just pm me if ur serious

lil porting to change the port timing ,and it will pick up alot

Yupper! PM me and I'll touch base with you about getting it ported. I'm told that startup is the hardest part for this motor, the assembly should be matter of fact.

picked up another camera might try this placement to go along with the helmet cam , unfortunatly i didnt check the default settings on the camera this time and it was set to 320x240res with the mic gain at max
might end up being a cool view , going to be hard to keep the lens clear though