APC Forum

Any pyros (Floridian pyros?) preparing for hurricane Irma?

PeteyPyro

I'm prepping my magazine, both chemical storage sheds, and the assembly breezeway, for hurricane Irma. Lots to do, above and beyond just preparing a residential dwelling. I'm wondering if others are facing the same (Florida pyros?), and specifically what steps they are taking to ensure a safe and secure situation. For example, my magnesium, and certain other reactive substances, came to the top of my concerns. What if entire buildings are compromised?

Double bag everything and put in lidded buckets. If it blows away it's gone but if you can find it should be good. I'll be praying for you and yours.

• Like 1

Thanks, OM. I recently got done with refreshing the silica gel packets in the triple bagged metals and other hygroscopic chems. I've also been using the old 5 gallon pool tablet tubs with liner bags, after a good pail leeching/soaking, since they have such nice screw on tops. After seeing the devestation done to the islands, I just don't know how well anything structurally will hold up. I've done all that I know, and having done all, stand. Thanks for the great ideas OM, and I really appreciate all of the prayers too. My sister in Texas just went through hell, despite being a prepper too. Ive been in Florida for 40 years, and haven't seen anything like this one. Hurricanes just aren't what they used to be anymore.