APC Forum

Kno3 And Sugar FireCracker ?

Svimmer

Hi anyone got a good ratio to make firecracker with Kno3 And Sugar ? Ive done it before but dont know what the best ratio for the fastest burn. Edited by Sondre

making `firecrackers` as you call them is illegal in your country and likely to land you in serious trouble as well as the emergency department of your local hospital as you don't really understand the dangers involved in what your doing. The best thing you can do with your kn03 is learn how to make sugar rockets, there is a wealth of information regarding this on apc........time to start reading/learning and asking SENSIBLE questions..!!..........

I have to protest. You seem to be making the assumption, firstly, that he is unable to handle firecrackers safely and secondly, that he hasn't already advanced past KNO3 rockets. Making firecrackers isn't what pyrotechnics is about but this is still a reasonable question. He has already posted on another thread about fuse making so I'm going to 'hope' and assume that he isn't just another firecracker guy.

The only advise I can give Sondre is experiment. Make up a few small batches with very fine chems based on the stochiometric amounts and go from there. It is a simple comp so it's shouldn't be too difficult to get burning as fast as possible but if that's enough to replace flash I don't know.

Regards, AP

• Like 1

making `firecrackers` as you call them is illegal in your country and likely to land you in serious trouble as well as the emergency department of your local hospital as you don't really understand the dangers involved in what your doing. The best thing you can do with your kn03 is learn how to make sugar rockets, there is a wealth of information regarding this on apc........time to start reading/learning and asking SENSIBLE questions..!!..........

..... Why post something i already now... That was not what i asked for. I have been doing this stuff for awhile. And know that firecrackers is not legal in Norway but thats not what this thread is about. And no im not talking about bombs sounds like you do. Ive done sugar rocket, black powder etc. But now i wanted to know if anyone know the best ratio for Kno3 - Sugar for the fastest burn !

And just so you know sugar rockets is also illegal in my country. Edited by Sondre

• 1 year later...
I would be happy to test amounts for efficient burn for you as it would benefit us both, although i'm not sure if you still want to do this a year later. As you said, "I'm not talking about the bomb sounds" which i have taken into consideration and can try to make them less noisy. I agree with the people in this post who stick with the law, but i also believe the safest possible tests should be done as well. Also, about what Australian Pyromaniac said, about firecrackers not being, primarily, "What pyrotechnics is about" is in my opinion not true, because the meaning of pyrotechnics applies to different types of firecrackers, and they can make different colored lights and effects just as Arial shells do too; their existence being, in my case, to entertain family and friends, and me. Edited by Plasmaniax
  • Like 1

I have to protest. You seem to be making the assumption, firstly, that he is unable to handle firecrackers safely and secondly, that he hasn't already advanced past KNO3 rockets. Making firecrackers isn't what pyrotechnics is about but this is still a reasonable question. He has already posted on another thread about fuse making so I'm going to 'hope' and assume that he isn't just another firecracker guy.

The only advise I can give Sondre is experiment. Make up a few small batches with very fine chems based on the stochiometric amounts and go from there. It is a simple comp so it's shouldn't be too difficult to get burning as fast as possible but if that's enough to replace flash I don't know.

Regards, AP

you know I have a soft spot for salutes and crackers though ;). I do love the rest too as you know. Would you recommend the catalysed rocket candy? The cooked version with 1% iron oxide can burn as fast as bp, so I think that can be used