APC Forum

be safe guys accidents happen

RiderX

anyone got any ideas as to why it blew up in the tube?

im thinking maybe just maybe i underestimated my lift powder a lil to much maybe , i had 20g of lift under it

Edited by RiderX

I hate to say it, but bad techniques and shortcuts are usually to blame for flower pots. Pinhole leaks around the fuse are regular places of failure if you don't spike and paste them well.

I hate to say it, but bad techniques and shortcuts are usually to blame for flower pots. Pinhole leaks around the fuse are regular places of failure if you don't spike and paste them well.

this was the kit i bought from phils, the bottom plug was atleast 3/4 deep filled with hot melt glue i just dont understand how it could have had a leak there

the kit came with extra discs so maybe on the next one ill try 2x discs on the time fuse side before filling with glue

link to the kit

it will be a while though that was my one and only dr-11 tube

Edited by RiderX

so ive been thinking about this , and since the glue plug was taking forever to harden i had stuck that casing in the fridge to cool it down , im wondering if when i did that it caused the glue to shrink and pull away from the side walls of the tube

That could be. Also some hot glues shrink faster than others. I bet a little bit of it pulled away from the wall or something. All it takes is a microscopic pinhole.