APC Forum

skylighter fire sale

taiwanluthiers

So it looks like skylighter is holding huge sales, now up to 70% off. They will increase the percentage 5% every 2 days until all their inventory is gone.

I ordered a few things but not sure how it will turn out. Nothing flash and boom (they have none of those in stock anyhow) but just some colorants, titanium, red gum, etc.

Question is, why are so many pyro suppliers closing their doors? Is pyro too unprofitable?

it sucks they are closing i really liked the all in one star kits , my first to star kits came from them

i have been eyeballing the case of 2.5 cardboard mortar tubes though would be nice for making some 2.5 inch cakes

Hmm, nothing about a sale on the site's main page, deal of day page or individual item pages...

Hmm, nothing about a sale on the site's main page, deal of day page or individual item pages...

check ur email i get notices 2 or 3 times a day with the coupon codes

Unfortunately the sale doesn't work for the books section, I really want a copy of those Pyrotechnica magazines :(

check ur email i get notices 2 or 3 times a day with the coupon codes

I do not remember giving you my email address....

Unless you mean that this fire sale is only for people who previously signed up for email from skylighter?

The emails come from skylighter themselves. Current promo code is FIRESALE70 I believe.

The emails come from skylighter themselves. Current promo code is FIRESALE70 I believe.

I figured they did. I was just sarcastically pointing out the assumption that everyone had signed up for said emails. I might try the code to see if it works for someone not on their email list.

EDIT: Damn, missed the cut-off by 4 minutes. That code expired at midnight.

Edited by starxplor

There's nothing left unless you want the brooms and mops. Sad thing.

Turns out working nights saved me a few bucks. When firesale70 stopped working I tried firesale75, but it said it was not active yet... I tried again just now and it worked, for 75% off. In case anyone has need of the limited selection left. At 75% off their price, it might be worth picking up something.

Does anyone know if you can but the fine aluminum as a first order now? Also my email said this:

PS: Skylighter IS CLOSING. This is for real. We have to. With nuclear war right around the corner, and us located only 50 miles from Washington, DC, we do not want to get stuck with a bunch of radioactive chemicals. Order now so you'll get Below Cost 75% discounts on whatever is left here... as long as you use Promo Code FIRESALE75.

I only ordered some titanium, strontium carbonate (I prefer this than nitrate, no problem with humidity), red gum.

They still haven't processed my order but they also said it's going to be slow because their crews are all skeleton.

Still had benzoic acid ($3.23/lb after discount) and grabbed some titanium alloy. Skylighter is where I first found information I trusted and the things I needed to use that information. Sad day.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ordered anything from skylighter during the firesale? Has anyone gotten it?

I put in an order and it's been stuck on "processing" for a really long time.

There's a thread on FW and most folks are saying it's taking several weeks to get their orders shipped.

I ordered shortly after midnight on the second day (75% off) and have not seen a change in order status, nothing delivered, no emails saying anything ran out before filling my order.

Lucky you! Still waiting and hoping to get mine. Since one thing is still in stock, I assume at least that will eventually ship, heh.

Three fifths of mine showed up today, the rest had a note on the invoice saying it was out of stock... glad I got some of it at least.