APC Forum

Potassium Dichromate VS Potassium Bichromate

insutama

I ordered some Potassium Dichromate and when it arrived here it said Potassium Bichromate is there alot of difference with these two chemicals ?

I ordered mine so i could use water and dextrin to prime my Dragon eggs without the risk of the water effecting the MgAl i used in the eggs.

Its the same stuff. Just look up the wikipedia article.

And frankly I would not use it for your purpose. Just be very cheap on the water and thats it. As longs as theres no NH4-perchlorate around I dont see the need to work with such poison.

I was using it to prime the crackle but switched to monocapa and now just use alcohol to bind the prime. I've been told that once the NC lacquer dries the granules are pretty much waterproof so I wouldn't be scared to use water/dextrin to bind the prime either.

I've been told that once the NC lacquer dries the granules are pretty much waterproof so I wouldn't be scared to use water/dextrin to bind the prime either.

This was my first thought. If the NC coats the MgAl, then any extra treatment to "protect" the MgAl, is useless, unless someone mechanically removes the coating, or uses a solvent that dissolves NC-lacquer. And in the later case, such a solvent wont contain water anyway, so it should be fine...