APC Forum

what other hobbies besides pyro

RiderX

heirlooms cant live here anymore. To much blight.

heirlooms cant live here anymore. To much blight.

That's the problem I have here. There's a guy in Hiawassee who grows them on an island in the Cumberland river now since all of those on his land based farm were killed by the blight. He still has some beautiful hybrids since he also has a large chicken operation to provide fertilizer.

That's the problem I have here. There's a guy in Hiawassee who grows them on an island in the Cumberland river now since all of those on his land based farm were killed by the blight. He still has some beautiful hybrids since he also has a large chicken operation to provide fertilizer.

I start them in November and grow some in my greenhouse over the winter (when stateside). The bugs, blights, and other pests seem to be dormant for the most part then. When spring arrives, I return my greenhouse to its normal purpose, as a giant drying chamber, and plant tomato cuttings into the raised beds. By getting an early start, I can get good harvests of determinate types heirlooms before the onslaught of critters, bugs, and diseases take over.

If you'd like some plum (sauce type) or beefsteak (eating type) determinate type (all rippen at once) heirloom tomato seeds, PM me, and I'll mail some out to you to try. I have tons of good seed.

• 2 weeks later...

es?

btw current bitcoin price is 4,300$ it did peak at 4,500 earlier this morning

i decided to try out facing my camera backwards today , what do u guys think of this view?

Nice, Rider. Sorta looks like a nozzle end view from my last rocket, overloaded with a 3" header✴

Nice, Rider. Sorta looks like a nozzle end view from my last rocket, overloaded with a 3" header✴

thanks since im usually out front when im out riding with friends i might try this view then , i was actually trying to see if i could capture the rear suspension doing its thing so i could try to make some adjustments for my race thats comming up , but then when i watched the video i was like thats kinda a cool view

Speaking of backwards camera... if you got a DSLR you can make a REAL cheap macro lens by mounting any lens (I suggest stock 50mm lens) backwards.

i may have been slightly overdue for a rear , atleasy now ill get some traction , lol ppl think that bike is fast as it was when it had no traction , they aint going to know what to think now that ive got the new tire on it

http://i.imgur.com/2r5QQdd.jpg

the tire has a very odd tread pattern on it and block type but aparently this tire is the hot ticket for desert racing and the terrian i ride on , it was dark by the time i got the tire mounted so ill have to find out tommorow morning when im done hauling hay

so what do u do when u have a race comming up soon and are still recoverng from broken ribs?

well u hop on the bike that trys to kill you every time u ride it , instead of riding ur race bike

yz250 with a big bore , pipe and pro-circuit silencer its faster accelerating and better in the twisty stuff then my kx250f but the kx is faster all around

my kx is just an all around more stable bike , the yz u have to fight to keep it straight and stay on it , to much low end power so it spins like all the time

Edited by RiderX

It also sounds like we're assuming the relatively high exchange rate with bitcoins... which honestly has seen some serious bubbles.

I have my doubts honestly because I could spend thousands on mining hardware and BOOM, bitcoin value drops like a stone. It just seems like a gamble sometimes (may have better luck in Vegas)

I'm still kicking myself. I was buying bitcoin around $14 when I started and I sold them all as the price increased. Last week they were selling for $4200. Today they are selling for $3855. Even at this price I could have made a killing if I had just held onto them... Guess I'll wait and if they drop in price I'll buy some more.

I'm still kicking myself. I was buying bitcoin around $14 when I started and I sold them all as the price increased. Last week they were selling for $4200. Today they are selling for $3855. Even at this price I could have made a killing if I had just held onto them... Guess I'll wait and if they drop in price I'll buy some more.

this is the drop , they were upto 4,532 , id watch the price closely they will go back up again soon

problem is this is a very unstable thing... or rather there's really NO way of knowing what will go up or down in price. You could be buying bitcoins for 3000 dollars (thinking it's a drop) and it drops to 20 dollars. The market is volatile and unpredictable so I'm very hesitant to invest into it even though there's a probability that I'd get REALLY rich but that just sounds a bit like gambling. I'm willing to spend what I can afford to lose (about $30 dollars) to invest into risky ventures like this, but when I need to invest thousands and thousands of dollars, then that's not an amount I can afford to lose.

You're better off buying a gram of platinum a month or so and holding onto it. As a bonus you can use it for making perchlorates.

problem is this is a very unstable thing... or rather there's really NO way of knowing what will go up or down in price. You could be buying bitcoins for 3000 dollars (thinking it's a drop) and it drops to 20 dollars. The market is volatile and unpredictable so I'm very hesitant to invest into it even though there's a probability that I'd get REALLY rich but that just sounds a bit like gambling. I'm willing to spend what I can afford to lose (about $30 dollars) to invest into risky ventures like this, but when I need to invest thousands and thousands of dollars, then that's not an amount I can afford to lose.

You're better off buying a gram of platinum a month or so and holding onto it. As a bonus you can use it for making perchlorates.

ive been involved with bitcoin for years , its not as viotale as ppl think it is , i mine approx 150$ worth a day right now, also u dont need to spend thousands u can buy coins in fractions of a coin in any amount from a couple cents to a whle coin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

decided to do something with my car today

sbc and single turbo is comming out << made 722hp and 83xtq at the tires

getting replaced with

bbc and twin turbos , aiming for around 1100hp at the tire

I finally got time to shoot my 204 the other day and was tickled to death. I shot 333.33 yards and shot a 1" group with 32gr Hornady factory ammo. Its a Ruger Predator. All i need now is a silencer, then i can shoot Coyotes from my truck.