APC Forum

my euro fireworks tell me what u think

pyrotaco

Taco, nobody wants you (or anybody else), to get hurt or killed by this hobby. It's good that you recognise your tendencies to go overboard with fireworks. A man has got to know his limitations. This hobby can indeed potentially get you into real trouble. After 9/11, the governing powers have been looking closely at anything that can go boom. This art has so much more to offer than that. Pretty bursts of colored or crackling stars, screaming whistling rockets, clouds of colored smoke, the list goes on. If you really want to get into this hobby safely, there are many here that would encourage you. Start small, and grow into larger more technically challenging projects. A good free starting point may be found online at https://fireworking.com/content/fireworking-101 . Free videos and written instructions there will guide you through the basics, starting with safety and going through to aerial fireworks. This may be a start to see if you really want to join us in this exciting hobby. You will not save money necessarily by making over buying, but the level of satisfaction you'll receive by doing it yourself is truly wonderful. You can amaze your friends and tell them "I MADE it myself!".

Think it over. If you just want to hear loud booms, well there is not much for you here. That gets old very quickly, and we've had enough of 'k3wl bangerz' trying to get hurt. Booms are a very small part of pyrotechnics. Please be safe, think it over, and take this sincere advice to heart.

• Like 1

Taco, nobody wants you (or anybody else), to get hurt or killed by this hobby. It's good that you recognise your tendencies to go overboard with fireworks. A man has got to know his limitations. This hobby can indeed potentially get you into real trouble. After 9/11, the governing powers have been looking closely at anything that can go boom. This art has so much more to offer than that. Pretty bursts of colored or crackling stars, screaming whistling rockets, clouds of colored smoke, the list goes on. If you really want to get into this hobby safely, there are many here that would encourage you. Start small, and grow into larger more technically challenging projects. A good free starting point may be found online at https://fireworking.com/content/fireworking-101 . Free videos and written instructions there will guide you through the basics, starting with safety and going through to aerial fireworks. This may be a start to see if you really want to join us in this exciting hobby. You will not save money necessarily by making over buying, but the level of satisfaction you'll receive by doing it yourself is truly wonderful. You can amaze your friends and tell them "I MADE it myself!".

Think it over. If you just want to hear loud booms, well there is not much for you here. That gets old very quickly, and we've had enough of 'k3wl bangerz' trying to get hurt. Booms are a very small part of pyrotechnics. Please be safe, think it over, and take this sincere advice to heart.

thanks for the info.....but my only argument with the last statement is.....booms never get old :P at least for me everything else gets boring

ppl often underestimate the power of them

though i was using them to take out rockchucks in out fields , works better then the propane and oxygen rockchuck killers they sell

20 grams vs log

50g under ground

125g underground with rock ontop

and yes booms get old , rather fast actually

• Like 3

WTF is a rockchuck?

60807706-rockchuck.jpg

a pest that burrows underground and eats alfalfa roots killing ur crop , and destroys ur fields

Gopher%20Mounds.jpg

Edited by RiderX

Hmmm... sorta like an energetic groundhog. They would sure be fun to plink with an AR from about 200 yards.

Hmmm... sorta like an energetic groundhog. They would sure be fun to plink with an AR from about 200 yards.

we have done everything , shooting them , using a special propane /oxy rig to fill the tunnels and igniting it , but the salutes are nice just walk across the field in the fall find a fresh hole and drop one in , if they are in the tunnel/den they are done for , its more effective then sitting around at sunrise or sunset waiting for them to come out , if u shoot one the rest usually scatter back into the holes

.22 with subsonic ammo actually works pretty well , it just takes forever to put a dent in the population

i got carried away with the 50 and /125 all's u need is a 20g in the hole but sometimes overkill is fun

lol hopefully u guys dont think im an a-hole now lol

Edited by RiderX
  • Like 1

RiderX. ".22 with subsonic ammo actually works pretty well , it just takes forever to put a dent in the population

i got carried away with the 50 and /125 all's u need is a 20g in the hole but sometimes overkill is fun."

I totally understand.... I'd likely use my Ruger M77V or Ithaca LSA-55 (both in .22-250) and Weaver T-12 scope to plink those little buggers at a distance. Absolute overkill, yes... but I find us pyros sometimes like to do stuff like that. Are those mounds of dirt from the salutes or the rodents? Wish I was there with a case of 40 grain hollow points.

Sorry (not really) that I'm steering this topic away from ✴euro boomers✴

Edited by PeteyPyro

Is that the Alfalfa field or part of your backyard? Those critters need to meet some Tannerite or something. (Just kidding. ) Edited by PeteyPyro

that. Are those mounds of dirt from the salutes or the rodents? Wish I was there with a case of 40 grain hollow points.

Sorry (not really) that I'm steering this topic away from ✴euro boomers✴

the mounds are fromthe critters

when i finish my 50 bmg i would sit ontop of the hill that over looks our fields and use it on them except for the fact i prolly couldn't afford to shoot them with it lol

Edited by RiderX
  • Like 1

Wow, RiderX, that's a very nice yard out back, except for all of those holes! Is all of that rockchuck damage confined to your yard? Is your Alfalfa field behind your fence? I didn't know that it could be so green and still you have such low humidity for drying shells and bp. Those critters have it nice over there. What rifle platform are you planning on building your .50BMG upon? I use my .50BMG Armalite AR-50 for rodent control here in Florida. It's a hoot to shoot. Edited by PeteyPyro

thats not my yard that was just apicture off google , ill post up some pics ere when i get back and i can dig threw my photobucket

i have a mag fed shtf50 upper w/29" inch barrel, it was the only way i could afford to get into a 50

http://www.safetyharborfirearms.com/components/com_mijoshop/opencart/image/cache/catalog/SHTF-Uppers/shtf50-3lengths-500x500.jpg

im going to be putting it on an 80% anderson lower when i finally get around to machining it , though i have thought about completely machining one from scratch i just dont have the time , maybe this winter when theres nothing to do on the farm

Edited by RiderX

Go with the longest barrel. You won't be be sorry. SHTF, yeah, get ready! It's coming, someday.

I've got an older 82A1 that I can only afford to shoot on special occasions at my uncle's farm. I keep meaning to get reloading equipment but pyro.... I paid $3000 and change for it so I couldn't pass it up.

I have buckets of brass I received from some Marines I still keep in contact with. It's another unfinished project.

• Like 1

OM, if you ever get serious about reloading the .50BMG, and need "pulls", pm me. Edited by PeteyPyro

I've got an older 82A1 that I can only afford to shoot on special occasions at my uncle's farm. I keep meaning to get reloading equipment but pyro.... I paid $3000 and change for it so I couldn't pass it up.

I have buckets of brass I received from some Marines I still keep in contact with. It's another unfinished project.

what i wouldnt give to have an 82A1 , and how in the hell did u get it for only 3k and change , if u ever want to sell it plz let me know

OM, if you ever get serious about reloading the .50BMG, and need 'special' projectile "pulls", pm me. Pick your tip color. Blue, silver, and black tips ✴✴✴

im not reloading but i might in the future pm me with some pricing

have i mentioned overkill is good ?

lol not going to say how many cans i have full , and thats just for my carry gun

http://i.imgur.com/GsmZ1dj.jpg

Edited by RiderX
  • Like 1

what i wouldnt give to have an 82A1 , and how in the hell did u get it for only 3k and change , if u ever want to sell it plz let me know

He already owed me for a past transgression and his wife came up with leukemia. I made the offer and he never flinched.

I'll keep this baby even if I end up being the only hobo in the world with a 50!

• Like 2

I'll keep this baby even if I end up being the only hobo in the world with a 50!

lol u wouldnt be the only one

Oh, geez, I guess I steered this thread to hell now.<guilty grin>

OM, I'll pm you tomorrow.

• Like 1

Oh, geez, I guess I steered this thread to hell now.<guilty grin>

OM, I'll pm you tomorrow.

lol thats usually my job on most forums

here ya go peteypyro , whole bunch of antelope on our farm , if i would have had the 7mm down the farm id have shot them instead of chasing them off

• Like 1

RiderX...Maybe attach some surface-to-surface rockets to your bike, with antelope seeking headers <yum yum> jk

RiderX...Maybe attach some surface-to-surface rockets to your bike, with antelope seeking headers <yum yum> jk

thats not possible but i could just carry my 45 with me