APC Forum

my euro fireworks tell me what u think

pyrotaco

There's a guy on FW that posted a video of him unboxing just chems and paper and such and I enjoyed it. It was like I was getting presents as well!

• Like 2

There's a guy on FW that posted a video of him unboxing just chems and paper and such and I enjoyed it. It was like I was getting presents as well!

thank you thats all i wanted to know ur the man and i dont mind unboxing of anything...also if i dont have it i really want one then

On one side, I like seeing someone who buys their firecrackers instead of making them yourself.

But, at the same time, I feel like if you really want big booms you should make them yourself. And appreciate both the work, quality and final boom.

Myself, I was a boomer. Until I learned how to make the really loud ones. Then I slowly realized that it's not really as fun as I expected. And I turned to the more creative side.

• Like 1

Myself, I was a boomer. Until I learned how to make the really loud ones. Then I slowly realized that it's not really as fun as I expected. And I turned to the more creative side.

isnt that about how 70-85% of ppl start

• Like 2

On one side, I like seeing someone who buys their firecrackers instead of making them yourself.

But, at the same time, I feel like if you really want big booms you should make them yourself. And appreciate both the work, quality and final boom.

i guess im more of the buying person.... have anyone here popped any of these they make great booms i dont need to make my own this is all i need im sure u can make better but i cant get to crazy

isnt that about how 70-85% of ppl start

im guessing this is how ill end up oh noes

• Like 1

not going to lie i started making ground stuff and crackers , but i always wanted to do the other stuff , i just thought i wouldn't be able to do it.

thats is until i bought some star and bp kits along with other stuff id need and dove into it.

also the stuff needed to make that stuff is easier/cheaper so i can see why alot start there., deff having more fun with the glitter shells though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdw093nKhns

Edited by RiderX
  • Like 2

not going to lie i started making ground stuff and crackers , but i always wanted to do the other stuff , i just thought i wouldn't be able to do it.

thats is until i bought some star and bp kits along with other stuff id need and dove into it.

also the stuff needed to make that stuff is easier/cheaper so i can see why alot start there., deff having more fun with the glitter shells though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdw093nKhns

hell yea brotha! love it..i would start making my own but i already had the ATF come by my house for trying to import a big ass euro cracker i dont need to be making my own shit is my main reason why i dont bother xD i shouldn't bother with these euro crackers either but they seem to not care just anything big

Edited by pyrotaco

You might want to look in to making your own anyway. Depending on where you live, that might actually be completely legal.

• Like 1

hell yea brotha! love it..i would start making my own but i already had the ATF come by my house for trying to import a big ass euro cracker i dont need to be making my own shit is my main reason why i dont bother xD i shouldn't bother with these euro crackers either but they seem to not care just anything big

Taco, Didn't a little "light bulb" go off in your head when BATFE visited, saying "Maybe I should be doing this legally? " How big, do you suppose, a 'euro cracker' needs to be, in order to get their attention? Big enough to remove body parts? And really... showing the video yesterday ("blowing up euro cracker on the 4th") of HAND LIGHTING one of those in the presence of a young child (I watched that video twice) would get CPSC enraged at this hobby even more. That CHILD in the video may find one of those large SHORT FUSED salutes, try to hold it in their hand while lighting it (just like daddy did), and become a sad statistic. Do you really think that it is responsible behavior to post such videos demonstrating how NOT to light a salute? I've read ALL of your posts, and am convinced that you came to APC solely to hawk your "k3wl bangrz" for money, with little regard for the legality or safety of it. You asked me "what I think", well I think you're doing this pyrotechnic art no favors. Edited by PeteyPyro
  • Like 2

Taco, Didn't a little "light bulb" go off in your head when BATFE visited, saying "Maybe I should be doing this legally? " How big, do you suppose, a 'euro cracker' needs to be, in order to get their attention? Big enough to remove body parts? And really... showing the video yesterday ("blowing up euro cracker on the 4th") of HAND LIGHTING one of those in the presence of a young child (I watched that video twice) would get CPSC enraged at this hobby even more. That CHILD in the video may find one of those large SHORT FUSED salutes, try to hold it in their hand while lighting it (just like daddy did), and become a sad statistic. Do you really think that it is responsible behavior to post such videos demonstrating how NOT to light a salute? I've read ALL of your posts, and am convinced that you came to APC solely to hawk your "k3wl bangrz" for money, with little regard for the legality or safety of it. You asked me "what I think", well I think you're doing this pyrotechnic art no favors.

naw i gotcha loud and clear thats just how i pop my fireworks all my life... also did u notice the father moving him far away were we was at theres like a safety zone u cant really tell and they was on the other sides of the barrels..also u can tell when it goes off nobody is remotely close and the fuse was only short cause it did not light off properly and i just left it and just happend to found it i was drinking it was right out side a bar and that dude came over and i just lit it up like i normaly would im not here to sell anything or get moneys from people just made some videos of some crackers i got and yea what more can i say.... u think knowing what size the cracker that i bought got me into trouble and my recklessness of how i enjoy my fireworks... i still dont think i should make my own i would prob make something just scary awful and then i would prob end up dead so im still just going to stick to buying em just not big ones and thanks for the comment glade to hear some feed back..and this was not like a mean response i dont mean any negativity just wanted to show what i had thats all bro peace! also u could not see there was kids everywhere popping shit off while the parents kick back and drinking thats just how we do it down south at that bar

Edited by pyrotaco

You might want to look in to making your own anyway. Depending on where you live, that might actually be completely legal.

i still dont wanna i prob hurt myself doing that knowing me i would

i still dont wanna i prob hurt myself doing that knowing me i would

A few years ago, we had some breakthroughs which made salute-making a lot safer.

Also, a little bit more work had to be done.

My point is, that the fireworking world is not what most people believe. That said, if you only want to make firecrackers you have come to the wrong forum :)

• Like 1

How much does shipping cost?

look at the site no minimal order purchase free shipping on all orders just stay away from the bottom of the ordering page and u will be fine

A few years ago, we had some breakthroughs which made salute-making a lot safer.

Also, a little bit more work had to be done.

My point is, that the fireworking world is not what most people believe. That said, if you only want to make firecrackers you have come to the wrong forum :)

so being a noob cake were do i begin to making a small salute?

mines or fountians first is what im going to guess the guys who have been doing it along time will suggest for first stuff to make

• Like 1

mines or fountians first is what im going to guess the guys who have been doing it along time will suggest for first stuff to make

thanks!

i started out with the salutes and its probably a miracle i still have all my fingers/hands etc ,knowing what i know now i wouldnt have been messing with them. i do still make them but for shell inserts and just once in a while

biggest ground one i ever did , and have 0 plans to ever do another another one

notice im hiding inside for cover lol

ps sound sucks , dont use gopro's for filming

Edited by RiderX
  • Like 1

i started out with the salutes and its probably a miracle i still have all my fingers/hands etc ,knowing what i know now i wouldnt have been messing with them. i do still make them but for shell inserts and just once in a while

biggest ground one i ever did , and have 0 plans to ever do another another one

notice im hiding inside for cover lol

ps sound sucks , dont use gopro's for filming

hot damn! u can still tell what the impact from the sound...i think the cobra 8 in the unboxing vids says 100grams the dum bums are 3g so im taking cover when the day i lite the cobra 8...good shit tho id prob stay away from the 200 grams+

Edited by pyrotaco

Salutes are nothing more then a small amount of pyrotechnic composition, granulated, or in powder form, not compressed, in a sealed container.

I to, would recommend that you start with something "safer", as in, pyrotechnic devices that wont blow your hand of if they get angry during use, but regardless of what we say, you are going to go ahead in your own direction anyway. With that in mind.

Start with black powder. It's less likely to get angry while you make things, and with confinement, goes bang, more then well enough.

I use paper tubes, and a system with 2 tubes for every salute, one over the other, the outer one longer then the inner one, clay plug with fuse in the shorter one, and just a clay plug in the longer one. Put charge in the inner one, add a water soluble, and environmentally safe glue to it's outside, i use wheat paste, to the upper third or quarter of the outside, and stick the longer, outer tube on, by just sliding it down. It should be a tight fit, but not to the extent that it has to be forced. The glue isn't strictly necessary, it works anyway, but if one of these fall apart you have a fire-hazard, and everything is just darn filthy.

The chineese have a simpler method. They roll tubes, glue the last wrap, ram a clay plug in one end once it dry. Fill it halfway with composition. Stick a fuze in it, and, with a rod, fold layers of the tube end in over the fuze until it's sealed, leaving a about half of the tube thickness untouched on the end.

A lot less labor intensive, but i'm not making thousands a day, so i don't trust my ability to get a good seal on the "folded" end, and if it's not sealed right, it will... Go of early, or, not go of at all, and just eject the burning composition in a short burst.

So, i like my method, even tho it's a nightmare finding tubes with a friction-fit to use. It's scales to "any" size but in honesty, for large salutes there are much better ways. The clay-plugs simply get to heavy, and aren't really necessary for structural purposes.

Also... For strictly firecrackers. I cant see them very useful for "pyrotechnics" in large. Polumna, supposedly is a mexican design, that has very low requirements on materials, and "power" of the composition can be quite low, while still go bang.

However. Anything you do make, will not, in any way, compare to a 100gr flash-based salute, unless you actually make... a 100gr flashbased salute. And, while lighting one of these, and having it go of at the wrong time can kill, or dismember you, making a bunch, and anything goes wrong, can make it so that your relatives have to have your memorial service with a closed casket. Youtube is filled with "advice" on how to make very potent flash powder, some of which are dangerous and stupid, others that just wont work, and some that will, but have little regard of your safety.

Again. Start with black-powder, it can still kill you, but at least it's not as fast to anger as flash, or whistle is. STAY SAFE. Never forget that it's complacency that will kill you with fireworks. The boring lazy tasks where your mind wanders, isn't something to be rushed past, just so you can get to the "good parts", blowing shit up. People on this forum, has burnt their face of, lost parts of their limbs, and generally had a "really bad day", and, they are the lucky ones. And they know it. They are still alive. Please don't be one of those that end up unlucky.

• Like 3

Salutes are nothing more then a small amount of pyrotechnic composition, granulated, or in powder form, not compressed, in a sealed container.

I to, would recommend that you start with something "safer", as in, pyrotechnic devices that wont blow your hand of if they get angry during use, but regardless of what we say, you are going to go ahead in your own direction anyway. With that in mind.

Start with black powder. It's less likely to get angry while you make things, and with confinement, goes bang, more then well enough.

I use paper tubes, and a system with 2 tubes for every salute, one over the other, the outer one longer then the inner one, clay plug with fuse in the shorter one, and just a clay plug in the longer one. Put charge in the inner one, add a water soluble, and environmentally safe glue to it's outside, i use wheat paste, to the upper third or quarter of the outside, and stick the longer, outer tube on, by just sliding it down. It should be a tight fit, but not to the extent that it has to be forced. The glue isn't strictly necessary, it works anyway, but if one of these fall apart you have a fire-hazard, and everything is just darn filthy.

The chineese have a simpler method. They roll tubes, glue the last wrap, ram a clay plug in one end once it dry. Fill it halfway with composition. Stick a fuze in it, and, with a rod, fold layers of the tube end in over the fuze until it's sealed, leaving a about half of the tube thickness untouched on the end.

A lot less labor intensive, but i'm not making thousands a day, so i don't trust my ability to get a good seal on the "folded" end, and if it's not sealed right, it will... Go of early, or, not go of at all, and just eject the burning composition in a short burst.

So, i like my method, even tho it's a nightmare finding tubes with a friction-fit to use. It's scales to "any" size but in honesty, for large salutes there are much better ways. The clay-plugs simply get to heavy, and aren't really necessary for structural purposes.

Also... For strictly firecrackers. I cant see them very useful for "pyrotechnics" in large. Polumna, supposedly is a mexican design, that has very low requirements on materials, and "power" of the composition can be quite low, while still go bang.

However. Anything you do make, will not, in any way, compare to a 100gr flash-based salute, unless you actually make... a 100gr flashbased salute. And, while lighting one of these, and having it go of at the wrong time can kill, or dismember you, making a bunch, and anything goes wrong, can make it so that your relatives have to have your memorial service with a closed casket. Youtube is filled with "advice" on how to make very potent flash powder, some of which are dangerous and stupid, others that just wont work, and some that will, but have little regard of your safety.

Again. Start with black-powder, it can still kill you, but at least it's not as fast to anger as flash, or whistle is. STAY SAFE. Never forget that it's complacency that will kill you with fireworks. The boring lazy tasks where your mind wanders, isn't something to be rushed past, just so you can get to the "good parts", blowing shit up. People on this forum, has burnt their face of, lost parts of their limbs, and generally had a "really bad day", and, they are the lucky ones. And they know it. They are still alive. Please don't be one of those that end up unlucky.

nice post thanks!

nice post thanks!

The end result of having no morals, and to much time on my hands, i'm afraid.

Most of us started out making bangs, in one way or another. We are still alive, so clearly we were the lucky ones. Different people have different opinions, and for the most part we still get along fairly well.

I'm not going to sit quiet and wait for someone to find bad advice on Youtube, blow their fingers of, and then have their relatives blame pyros for it. (The someone with their fingers separated from their hands cant very well complain... no fingers = no typing in a hurry.) Pyros will get blamed regardless, so i opt to give somewhat less stupid advice.

Pretty much nobody around here will just hand out a "do this" instruction, but a LOT of people will offer advice on safe practices, and possibly more effective compositions where needed, if the question shows that the asking person actually read something, trying to figure it out fro them self.

Bottom line. Everything anyone wanting to make loud noises needs to learn, is already on this forum. Find it, read it, try and understand it, and if in doubt, ask before making a mess of things.

As always... The main advice when dealing with pyro... Stay safe. And remember. Even if you DO stay safe... Shit still happens.

Burrito Bandit lost his pinky to a ball mill explosion. Dagabu lost a lot more, and yet, in some ways less... If memory serves me right, that is. Damn, it's what... 4 years ago now, and he's still in and out of surgery, to make his hands work properly, but i think he has all his fingers. Honestly i couldn't even look at the pictures, so i'm not entirely sure.

BB made a stupid mistake. He used glass marbles as milling media, and wasn't using his safety-gear. Remember what i said above about mundane tasks that aren't supposed to be rushed through? Get, and use safety gear. Full body covering cotton-wear face shield, and leather gloves, does a LOT for you in the case of a ball mill accident.

Hell, ask Lloyd about it. Probably one of THE most knowledgeable guys here. There might be guys that have more chemistry knowledge, but he has more workhours in the corporate industry of pyrotechnics, then i have hours spent playing with my self. Still managed to burn the crap out of him self in an accident.

I will, until the day i die, carry plastic shrapnel in my body. Tiny plastic fragments, red, white and brown. Hard, and soft. As i said, i shouldn't be alive, primary explosives are a bad idea for firecrackers.

And, we are just a very short list of lucky ones. We are, after all, still alive. And we all thought we were safe enough, when it happened. A lot along the line of... It wont happen to me. Guess what. It will. It is just a matter of time. So, STAY SAFE.

• Like 1

The end result of having no morals, and to much time on my hands, i'm afraid.

Most of us started out making bangs, in one way or another. We are still alive, so clearly we were the lucky ones. Different people have different opinions, and for the most part we still get along fairly well.

I'm not going to sit quiet and wait for someone to find bad advice on Youtube, blow their fingers of, and then have their relatives blame pyros for it. (The someone with their fingers separated from their hands cant very well complain... no fingers = no typing in a hurry.) Pyros will get blamed regardless, so i opt to give somewhat less stupid advice.

Pretty much nobody around here will just hand out a "do this" instruction, but a LOT of people will offer advice on safe practices, and possibly more effective compositions where needed, if the question shows that the asking person actually read something, trying to figure it out fro them self.

Bottom line. Everything anyone wanting to make loud noises needs to learn, is already on this forum. Find it, read it, try and understand it, and if in doubt, ask before making a mess of things.

As always... The main advice when dealing with pyro... Stay safe. And remember. Even if you DO stay safe... Shit still happens.

Burrito Bandit lost his pinky to a ball mill explosion. Dagabu lost a lot more, and yet, in some ways less... If memory serves me right, that is. Damn, it's what... 4 years ago now, and he's still in and out of surgery, to make his hands work properly, but i think he has all his fingers. Honestly i couldn't even look at the pictures, so i'm not entirely sure.

BB made a stupid mistake. He used glass marbles as milling media, and wasn't using his safety-gear. Remember what i said above about mundane tasks that aren't supposed to be rushed through? Get, and use safety gear. Full body covering cotton-wear face shield, and leather gloves, does a LOT for you in the case of a ball mill accident.

Hell, ask Lloyd about it. Probably one of THE most knowledgeable guys here. There might be guys that have more chemistry knowledge, but he has more workhours in the corporate industry of pyrotechnics, then i have hours spent playing with my self. Still managed to burn the crap out of him self in an accident.

I will, until the day i die, carry plastic shrapnel in my body. Tiny plastic fragments, red, white and brown. Hard, and soft. As i said, i shouldn't be alive, primary explosives are a bad idea for firecrackers.

And, we are just a very short list of lucky ones. We are, after all, still alive. And we all thought we were safe enough, when it happened. A lot along the line of... It wont happen to me. Guess what. It will. It is just a matter of time. So, STAY SAFE.

see this is why im kind of not wanting to do anything cause im safe in my own way but its still reckless in other people eyes so hearing this from people who have experience and still having a mis hap my chances are very high im going to lose something but id like to try small scale of anything just to give it a shot so i can say i did it but i would not dab into anything more cause ill prob get carried away with things like i normal will and prob end result if im not dead ill be in jail. so with that being said i really do appreciate the time u giving to help me better understand what i should be looking a head for into the hobby...question whats a good shop online to buy materials or stuff to help aid in the diy cracker fountains ect.. cheers!