APC Forum

SAVE CONSUMER FIREWORKS !

pyroman2498

CPSC...anti-darwin commission. Assuring the gene pool stays polluted for generations to come!

signed

• Like 1

Wow. USA must be a wonderful place to be. You can be so ignorant and stupid, that you think it's the metal content of a pyro composition that gets people hurt, and not just damn stupidity, and explosive force, and STILL advance to the point where you can influence politics...

I could get rich in the USA, for sure. I actually have half a brain that is working, and don't try to jam forks in my eyes when i'm eating. How about we find the moron behind this thing, and have him swap life with me?

And just for the anger that is sure to come... No, not every US citizen is daft beyond words. Of course not.

Edited by MrB
  • Like 1

ahh we take the bad with the good here. problem is we let the morons make too many decisions...but at least we can still buy perchlorate here!

I'm not entirely 'with' this movement to claim that all consumer fireworks will be 'condemned' by this latest action.

I DO have a lot of problems with how CPSC creeps into our lives, bit-by-bit. But this last is - I think - without too much merit. Very few Chinese consumer fireworks shells are broken with flash, anymore. Most use something akin to whistle-mix, and that is NOT affected by this latest action.

Lloyd

I agree with Lloyd, but I seem to be in the minority with people. I think this proposal is overreaching, but it is far from the end of the world when it comes to consumer product. To me, the target is clearly overloaded "consumer" cakes and shells.

In my opinion the ban on flash powder is silly and needlessly limits the performance of consumer fireworks. One must really question the sequence of choices and events that lead to a shell exploding with sufficient proximity for its burst charge to cause bodily harm.

ahh we take the bad with the good here. problem is we let the morons make too many decisions...but at least we can still buy perchlorate here!

YOu are right. Stupidity seams global now that i think of it.

In my opinion the ban on flash powder is silly and needlessly limits the performance of consumer fireworks. One must really question the sequence of choices and events that lead to a shell exploding with sufficient proximity for its burst charge to cause bodily harm.

Well, people remove the burst charge, light the time fuse, and cook off the shells by hand... Don't ask how I know that!

It's kinda a popular grenade simulator in Airsoft.

Edited by usapyro

. . . I DO have a lot of problems with how CPSC creeps into our lives, bit-by-bit . . .

Yes Lloyd, those sort of 'freedoms' have been slowly eroding, bit-by-bit here in Oz for many years. Now becoming even more stringent, under the guise of anti-terror laws to make us all safe.

Maybe someone should get Trump on the phone. Somehow I don't reckon that he would be a big fan of the CPSC, and as we've seen, he certainly enjoys creating fireworks!

• Like 1

This is how is starts. First, they come for overloaded cakes, then your chems. and lastly, you do a 10 year/270 page long chlorate/perc cell thread, because you woke up in the EU nanny state, and can't get $#T. IMO. They tried to get my guns, but I backed up my NRA 'to the hilt'. Dues paid up. Forum donation made. Petition signed. 'Nuff said.

Unfortunately, I think Pandora's can of hornets has already been opened. :o

• Like 1

It's about more government control.

It's about more government control.

Indeed.

Please forgive me for sticking my nose into the American Constitution, and I apologize if I offend anyone.

From what I gather, the second amendment includes the "right to bear arms" or something to that effect. The older I get, I realize that it makes sense. As in, the people should be able to have the tools and weapons to overthrow a corrupt and non-democratic, dictatorial Government.

The "Founding Fathers" of the American constitution could not have envisaged the cyber war that we are now living through. If they could, then I suggest that their thoughts and ideas would be the same, in that, "We, the people", should also have those same tools, to defend our freedom.

What Islamic extremists do now, delivers the same into the hands of those that wish to restrict our knowledge and restrict our freedom - it does seem to be working, that's why we see these restrictions in western democratic societies.

I'll defend freedom of thought, freedom of scientific pursuit, freedom of religion, or freedom from it, until the end.

Cheers.

• Like 2

While I agree that most consumer shells are no longer flash broken, the real issue is that the CPSC has already stated that only 16% of all the products they sampled passed their new test. So, 84% failed. It isn't just flash that is being detected. And, if 84% of the products available go away, that is an end-of-the-world scenario.

This cherry picking of what is good and what is bad by our government is itself just wrong. The products aren't injuring people so much as people are injuring themselves and other people by their stupid actions. The CPSC's own database point to very, very many other activities and products that injure more people than fireworks. We had a neighborhood kid end up in the hospital after his family 4th celebration not because of the fireworks being shot, but because of the bon fire they had going. The week of the 4th, injuries and fires from other sources outnumber those caused by fireworks. According to NFPA, nearly 9000 fires a year are caused by grills with up to 10 deaths a year caused by grills. So, is the CPSC going to ban grills?

Stupid is F*** up everybody. Dam Stix you sound like a true American. I may be thinking about another country, but didnt Hitler convince Australia that they didnt need firearms anymore, then when he got all of the weapons, he took control of the country and did just the opposite of what he said he would do?

Um, Mike?

I'm pretty-sure Hitler never invaded Australia! <huh? Where the hell did THAT come from?>

Lloyd

Hey Mike, I thought my knowledge of history was sh*t :P but I do believe Mumbles is correct.

In 1996 there was a massacre at Port Arthur in the state of Tasmania - not Transylvania!! ;) It's the Island state right at the bottom of Australia. Some lunatic shot and killed 35 people with two semi-automatic rifles. After a public uproar there was a gun amnesty and buy-back scheme. All it ended up doing was allowing people with a genuine gun license to trade in their old guns (even parts) and buy better ones.

Generally this was seen as a great achievement. However, as most thinking people understand, criminals don't follow the laws - so where there is a will, there will be a way. The general public can be quite simple-minded sometimes - or maybe it's just us Aussies :o.

The Prime Minister at that time (the Hon. John Howard) has historically said that the amnesty was one of his greatest achievements.

So, although Howard took the guns away from Australians, and his surname does begin with an "H", and people did truly loathe him in the end, it's fair to say he was no Hitler - although there still can be found small pockets of debate around that issue. :)

Does Godwin's law apply to this forum? :-)

Ah Baldor, this is just brilliant! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Except for the fact in this instance the Hitler reference was accidental. I guess it does prove Godwins theory though.

It applies to ALL of them...except for the 10 year/270 page long chlorate/perc cell thread. Ain't seen it there (yet).
  • Like 1

I may be thinking about another country.

Well i guess it might have been Poland or somewhere around there. I saw this on the History channel a good while back. Well anyway back on subject. Maybe i didnt read close enough, who is behind this? I think yall said Federal. Looks like maybe Kaye.

Edited by dynomike1