APC Forum

Nc laquer for dragon eggs

MudDuckPyro79

MDP,

Yes, when using NC lacquer I mix everything well and screen a few times thru a fine kitchen sieve. I use 10% NCL except I add enough so it's more like a light pancake batter. I add quite a bit since I usually add pre made lacquer and don't measure out an exact amount of NC to add and want to make sure there is plenty in it.

If I ever start making big kilo plus batches then I will probably weight out the NC and mix it just for that batch. But for now I let it get pretty soupy so I know I have plenty and then let it evaporate to where I want it to start working with it.

Nothing real special about how I mix it up yet.

• Like 1

Ok. Still a newbie and haven't tried lloyd s formula.... Always Used to the classic formula without the AL.... Thanks for sharing the video, I'll try the lloyd formula soon I think, love it.

Ok. Still a newbie and haven't tried lloyd s formula.... Always Used to the classic formula without the AL.... Thanks for sharing the video, I'll try the lloyd formula soon I think, love it.

That formula is so simple and consistent that I'm just going to stick with it. I have a little over 5 lbs made up and I feel quite comfortable spooning some from any level of the bucket. Same every time, which is what I want.

• Like 1

Which one do you use? The same I just did or the older 1??

I use the one Ned detailed in his article and video which was a scaled down version of Lloyd's industrial sized batch.I do have a couple of pounds with titanium added that I use in mines but those grains have a softer pop and don't stand alone as well IMHO.

Yes I have noticed that the ti. Added kinda kills the pop a bit

Duck,

That's the only difference between crackle and the Chinese 'popping brocade' effect. They just load crackle up with fairly-coarse Ti ('bout 40-80 mesh)

Lloyd

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

In your opinion, is nitro-clear wood paint a good gun powder substitute?

I'm doing nitrocellulose lacquer with it but I'm worried about the double base containing nitroglycerin and it scares me a little bit.

Edited by Nitrotitanite