Here is the star composition, calculated on 100g complete comp:

Potassium Nitrate: 36g

Sulfur: 9g

Charcoal (Pine): 29g

Mixed Charcoal (50%Pine, 50% Vineyard) 80 Mesh: 14g

Titanium, Sponge, 40-80 Mesh: 7g

Dextrin: 5g

Manufacturing process:

KNO3 + Pine Charcoal + Sulfur + Dextrin inside a ball mill, milling time 2 hours, add Titanium & mixed charcoal by screening.

For star pumping, the comp has to be dampen with plain water.

Greetz

Stefan

Awesome shells great job Im super impressed!!! who made the shells with crackle comets?

• 2 weeks later...

Stefan, very impressive. Einfach Geil!

The global "rythm" of the display is nice to watch, starting with hard breaking shells, fast stars, and going to slower long lasting stars, curved trajectories, with I love that.

- Do you mind to share a little info about the 4-comets shots at the beginning (at 1:42)- some Titanium I guess - but maybe a few hints to produce such a nice composition?

- I do love the effect at 11:00 (or 10:59 as kaotch wrote!)

• 5 months later...

Stefan, very impressive. Einfach Geil!

The global "rythm" of the display is nice to watch, starting with hard breaking shells, fast stars, and going to slower long lasting stars, curved trajectories, with I love that.

- Do you mind to share a little info about the 4-comets shots at the beginning (at 1:42)- some Titanium I guess - but maybe a few hints to produce such a nice composition?

- I do love the effect at 11:00 (or 10:59 as kaotch wrote!)

These was 60mm roman candles from panzera (Italy). Called golden kamuro komets. The crackling willows are from a friend of mine, 6". Next month I want to make 6" shells with crackling formula from malta...

Edited by GermanPyro

Nice breaks! What's the reinforcement material you're using on the shells? Doesn't look like gummed tape.

Normal painter tape from tesa, called tesa premium eco. I've use only 4 layers tape.

Awesome shells great job Im super impressed!!! who made the shells with crackle comets?

A friend of mine. I have the formula. Next month I will make sakura crackling, a formula from malta.

Very nice shells could you elaborate on the burstcharge used and what compo. did you use on 10.59hrs?

My burst charge: Coated rice hulls or coatet cork, BP Formula 70/18/12, burst is powered with mg flash booster.

The crackling comp is secret. I've give my word to my friend, that I never talk about these comp... Sorry...

• 2 months later...