APC Forum

My shells

fckiamdead

Some of my shells.

First out Blue to Red to Green to dragonegg. Rolled them to different sizes to get some sort of ghost/rainbow effect. Next batch will get an extra mm. I like it.

• Like 2

That is awesome!

Very nice..!!
  • Like 1

IN a 3in shell...

I don't have a clue how ya do it.. :)

well done.

Really excellent! Did you make a special effort to control solvent application when rolling? I feel like I always have problems with colorant migration between layers due to injudicious application of solvent!!

Really excellent! Did you make a special effort to control solvent application when rolling? I feel like I always have problems with colorant migration between layers due to injudicious application of solvent!!

No not realy, just plain water whit 20% to 30% ethanol (For water bound stars). Letting them roll "extra" long between every scoop of star mix for a realy compact star, maybe that´s your problem? I think you have to got a lot of patience when rolling and not rushing them to grow.

Regards

You have definitely got it going on.

What do you use as a relay between colors? You have nice sharp color changes.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you use as a relay between colors? You have nice sharp color changes.

I didn´t use any relay on these shells gregh. I cant afford the "extra" space whit changing relay on 3 inch shells whit 3 to 4 color changes.

Regards

I still can't figure out where you find all the space for the changes. :)

That really is impressive. Keep up the great work!

• 2 weeks later...
Fckiam, that first shell the ghost/rainbow was pretty sweet. Thank ya very much for sharing. I wondered how they would turn out in such a small shell. The topic came up once on another forum and I opened my mouth and need to get it backed up and give me a try.

Fckiam, that first shell the ghost/rainbow was pretty sweet. Thank ya very much for sharing. I wondered how they would turn out in such a small shell. The topic came up once on another forum and I opened my mouth and need to get it backed up and give me a try.

Thanks Boophoenix.

I dont know exactly what you mean. Is it about how i can fit that kind of stars in a 3inch?

Regards

Sorry fckiam. Darn iPad did some corrections on me.

The first ghost shell I ever saw and was a part of a conversation on I felt the mechanics of the stars simple and said so. Which probably didn't sit well since I had only ever built two shells at the time. One in a class Lloyd taught and the other a solo build. I had plans to give it a try in a 3 or 4 inch to prove myself right or wrong, but work and life got in the way. I feared such a small star in a small shell it might be difficult to present the effect well.

You've shown it can be done and does present fairly well so I guess in the coming months I need to get after it. Thank ya

• 11 months later...

Looked dam good

• Like 1

Well Done!

:D