APC Forum

good slow burning fountain fuel?

klachner

Hi, I’ve been reading APC Forum since about January 2013, but finally joined in 2016. I used to make Roman Candles in Oregon with only the chems from the local CO-OP, I was limited (no internet=no colors) but not easily daunted. Had KNO3, sulfur & charcoal from fire pit. The R Candles were a neighborhood favorite! I bought the book “High power rocketry” or some such name from the Teleflite Corp. Which I never received, however they made it right AND sent me “The 5 cent Sugar Rocket Report” which got me making sugar rockets of all sizes (making a point shortly!) since I now had some new info AND thrust, I could make fountains also. Yeah, not the best since I had little knowledge of useful pyrotech info and no metals to speak of. Got rid of some gophers with BP rolled tight in a few layers of notebook paper wrapped both directions in strapping tape. Anyway, wanted to introduce myself and say hi, although I’m probably in the wrong place to do so (SORRY!) I still can’t figure out how to use the software very well (I’m 55 pushing no short term memory) but that’s ok, plenty to read. Thanks all.

• 3 years later...
Hello everyone, i am new here and read out all reply, as per my knowledge the best would be by decreasing the percentage of kno3 and increasing the charocal will slow the burn rate, hope this will help you
  • Like 1