APC Forum

5" Multibreak

Pyroboy

There are people who aren't burdened by creativity or ability to think in new ways.

I'm not saying this as a bad thing. I've met my share of those people throughout time as well.

What they have learned, and what they know is working well, is the ONLY WAY to do stuff.

I think it's those people Wiley talk about.

Truth be told, though, I don't think I have met any of those people in pyro, yet.

• Like 2

I believe the free thinkers also dont want burdened buy the harassment of traditionalists so their ideas go unsaid.
  • Like 1

One of my favorite quotes is most commonly attributed to Isaac Newton. "If I have seen farther it's by standing on the shoulders of giants". Or at least some general approximation of that. As a nerdy scientist I love experimentation and trying out new things. That said, I hate stupid experimentation and stupid new things. Not everything new, different, or novel is an improvement.

I really believe that you should learn the traditional way, which usually uses the simplest components and simplest construction. Once you have a firm grasp on that, improvements and corrections should hopefully be reasonable and obvious. I see too many people, not anyone particular, skip really under standing the basics. Then blame their materials or make excuses when their shells fail.

P.S. Flash broken shells are probably an american reinvigoration readopted by Italy and other countries. They're really Americo-Italian shells.

• Like 1